Alicia Miller Strong All State Candidate

Bishop Brossart junior lefthander Alicia Miller established herself as the top pitcher in Northern Kentucky this year finishing with a 25-9 record nd a .081 ERA. Miller started 37 games and had 30 complete games allowing only 135 hits in 209 innings while facing 800 batters. She only alloed 24 earned runs and 14 walks while striking out 224 batters. She recorded 10 shutouts and oposing atters only hit.174 against her. She also batted .436 as a hitter. :ylsuper: She had her best strikeout performances against Scott (28 in 3 games), Newport CC (12), Boone Co. (13), and 10 each against Estill Co., Middlesboro and Newport. She also had 13 in five inn ings with Silver Grove.

Miller had a great season no doubt about it. Her stats are very good for sure but EVERYONE knows Brossart inflates their stats. For instance Miller hit a pop up to left field in a game I saw and they gave her a double. CLEARY and error, they also did not credit the other team with 2 hits that were hits in there book and they try to keep fair stats.

That is not a knock against Miller any team up here would be happy to have her. I just hate to see when teams inflate stats, there are other teams that do the same thing. If you check out the stats there are a lot of girls hitting around .500 that play on losing teams and when you see them play you know there is no way they hit that well. I wish the state had an offical at every game to keep track of stats.

If she is an all state candidate that is great for her and NKY.

Miller had a great season no doubt about it. Her stats are very good for sure but EVERYONE knows Brossart inflates their stats. For instance Miller hit a pop up to left field in a game I saw and they gave her a double. CLEARY and error, they also did not credit the other team with 2 hits that were hits in there book and they try to keep fair stats.

That is not a knock against Miller any team up here would be happy to have her. I just hate to see when teams inflate stats, there are other teams that do the same thing. If you check out the stats there are a lot of girls hitting around .500 that play on losing teams and when you see them play you know there is no way they hit that well. I wish the state had an offical at every game to keep track of stats.

Ouch. Keep it above the belt.

SSC must go to all Brossart games and chart hmmmmm Once again it seems as though people are having trouble giving credit to the best team. Sounds like another sore loser to Maybelle and I. I guess when you guys are two and three you have to try and dig up some thingees to make it seem you got robbed hehe. Clark won the tenth 11-2 tonight over another 30 game winner I guess they inflate also lol. I hope they play the 9th winner it would be ugly. Walton fell 13-1 also tonight we see.

Hmmm well SSC (That hopefully stands for START SPELL CHECK) before you talk about inflating stats I'd learn some grammer. It's clearly AN, hits in THERE and OFFICIAL not offical. I just hate to see when guys don't spell correctly hehe. Unless you are at every game, and are qualified to keep score then don't make general goofy statements. Calvary Christian had some of the top hitters in Northern Kentucky check them out.

Sorry about the spelling it was a late night. My spelling kinda looks like Brossart score keeping.....Not good!!!

I think Brossart is real good and if they were in the 9th they would have a great chance at going to state. They did lose to Connor who has lost 2 of 3 to Ryle so I not sure how you can say they are better than those too but I think they are all pretty even.

Riverdog and Maybelle I don't remember anyone on here saying the 9th is better than the 10th. I think the 10th is a lot better.

Have heard about the infated stats before, but can't speak on issue. When Brossart and NewCath played everything was on the "up n up". However Bellevue, on the other hand, has some scoring issues. When they played NewCath the first time this season Hausfeld was sick so JV pitcher started and rightfield was played by a girl who was playing the field for the first time all season, she dropped two routine fly balls in the first inning (promptly replaced) and another error committed later in the game. The next day paper stated Bellevue with 3 extra hits and NewCath with 0 errors. This is totally inflating stats. From what I hear if a Bellevue girl hits the ball hard and there is a forceout the batters still gets credit for a hit. Never seen it, only been told this and by more than one person.

The bottom thingee is wins and losses...and who you play
I think you hit on something there. The only top 25 team Brossart played this year was GRC. She is not going to get much consideration playing a Northern Kentucky loaded schedule.