Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th region regional tournament neutral sites?

Featured Replies

Loved taking in a couple of 9th region tournament games today at Champion Field in Florence with seats with backs, good views everywhere, nice large parking lot and great concessions. Anyway the 10th region could in the year 2011 start having the tournament games at a college field like Georgetown or NKU(anyone have other suggestions?), do those colleges have bleacher seats or other at their facilites? The reason not going to Clark County is because of the above. More people would turn out if the tournament was held somewhere like Champion Field(guarantee it)

Baseball's just not the "cash cow" basketball is imo and therefore will probably stay the same for a long time. I kind of enjoy it being at different places every year. And there's really not a neutral site "in region" besides NKU and that opens up another can of worms.

In my opinion for those who are hosting the tournament can make some money for their programs from concessions. I am not sure, IMO why they (the coaches or whomever votes for it) why they would vote to move it to a neutral site. Plus I have to agree with jahearme, I enjoy going to different places I just wish the region's schools were a little bit closer like the the 9th were.

  • Author
In my opinion for those who are hosting the tournament can make some money for their programs from concessions. I am not sure, IMO why they (the coaches or whomever votes for it) why they would vote to move it to a neutral site. Plus I have to agree with jahearme, I enjoy going to different places I just wish the region's schools were a little bit closer like the the 9th were.

 

I can't believe anyone actually enjoys having to show up extra early to get a good bleacher seat or place to stand or put a chair when it could be at a venue with seating. Regular season is different, but the tournament should be a little bit more special. Doesn't the 16th region have their tourney at Morehead?

I can't believe anyone actually enjoys having to show up extra early to get a good bleacher seat or place to stand or put a chair when it could be at a venue with seating. Regular season is different, but the tournament should be a little bit more special. Doesn't the 16th region have their tourney at Morehead?

 

I think a lot of the diehard fans do. It still is a good money maker especially for the team who is hosting it. Heck, I am not even a diehard fan and I think having them at the high schools is a good idea.

I hate to touch, let alone open, this can of worms, but why is it nobody ever says anything about how the 39th never hosts a baseball/softball regional?

 

Look, GRC puts on a great baseball regional and I'd be happy going back there every year, but just throwing this out there. Now, nobody in the 39th really has the facilities to host a regional, but when this was the other way around in basketball, you had 474,000 people acting like the only reason Mason County won was because it was at the Fieldhouse.

 

Where are the people who are so outraged that GRC pulled out a close one at home today? You know, they know all the dimensions of the park and probably even (ZOMG!) had more fans cheering for them.

 

Again, I can't stress enough that GRC is a GREAT venue for baseball, but just putting this out there for the folks who get all worked up over the basketball site and act like it in itself determines the champion.

I hate to touch, let alone open, this can of worms, but why is it nobody ever says anything about how the 39th never hosts a baseball/softball regional?

 

Look, GRC puts on a great baseball regional and I'd be happy going back there every year, but just throwing this out there. Now, nobody in the 39th really has the facilities to host a regional, but when this was the other way around in basketball, you had 474,000 people acting like the only reason Mason County won was because it was at the Fieldhouse.

 

Where are the people who are so outraged that GRC pulled out a close one at home today? You know, they know all the dimensions of the park and probably even (ZOMG!) had more fans cheering for them.

 

Again, I can't stress enough that GRC is a GREAT venue for baseball, but just putting this out there for the folks who get all worked up over the basketball site and act like it in itself determines the champion.

 

I think the reason no outrage is because it is not at one school all the time in baseball , like Mason Co is in basketball. Also Mason fans say no home court advantage, we all know that is not true. Did GRC have an advantage yesterday, yes they did. Anytime you play on your home field/court there are advantages. Does it guarantee a win no. We will see if GRC's advantage will be enough to upset Harrsion Co tonight.

I think the reason no outrage is because it is not at one school all the time in baseball , like Mason Co is in basketball. Also Mason fans say no home court advantage, we all know that is not true. Did GRC have an advantage yesterday, yes they did. Anytime you play on your home field/court there are advantages. Does it guarantee a win no. We will see if GRC's advantage will be enough to upset Harrsion Co tonight.

 

Great point !!!

I was told this will is the last year of the 16th's contract with MSU and would revert back to a 16th region field next season, with that said I feel they more than a couple of fields capable of hosting the regional.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.