Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JV Records

Featured Replies

I would pick Dixies JV to be the best. They are extremely deep in pitching and well they beat CCH already this year.

 

I don't think so, CCH is too deep. They have Arnzen and Maile both are Varsity caliber players. I don't see Dixie beating CCH this late in the season. CCH most likely won't have all of the errors they had in the first game. Should be a good match up though. (It should be fun to see this CCH team play in years to come!).With Arnzen, Maile, Charley Mader, Bryan Fagel, Eric Schneider, And Matt Rolf, the Blue Colonels should win this one.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, CCH is too deep. They have Arnzen and Maile both are Varsity caliber players. I don't see Dixie beating CCH this late in the season. CCH most likely won't have all of the errors they had in the first game. Should be a good match up though. (It should be fun to see this CCH team play in years to come!).With Arnzen, Maile, Charley Mader, Bryan Fagel, Eric Schneider, And Matt Rolf, the Blue Colonels should win this one.

I would agree with Arnzen, Fagel and Schneider. Maile is not an every day player. He can pitch pretty well and can hit. Mader is average IMO and I'm not sure about Rolf. If Reese, Stein, and Severson were playing with JV, I would agree they'd be pretty good. Dixie on the otherhand, has Garrett, Molony, Stansberry, Daria, Odom, McKinney, Wigger. They are at least six deep in pitching. I know when they first played, Arnzen (their best pitcher) came in and Molony hit a walk off HR to win.

Cooper is 7-11 with 4 games left on the schedule to try to get to .500 on the season. Pitching is not deep, and not enough hitting throughout the line-up.

I would agree with Arnzen, Fagel and Schneider. Maile is not an every day player. He can pitch pretty well and can hit. Mader is average IMO and I'm not sure about Rolf. If Reese, Stein, and Severson were playing with JV, I would agree they'd be pretty good. Dixie on the otherhand, has Garrett, Molony, Stansberry, Daria, Odom, McKinney, Wigger. They are at least six deep in pitching. I know when they first played, Arnzen (their best pitcher) came in and Molony hit a walk off HR to win.

 

I'd look at it this way, Schneider essentially shut down Dixie, 4 unearned runs. (Let's just say he did his job, his defense just wasn't there for him that night.) In the last inning Arnzen got two ground balls, both of which would have ended the game. If you were at that game, you can't think that Dixie is the better team. Since then the Arnzen Fagel douo took down the Boone County varsity team. Fagel gave up three runs. Arnzen gave up no runs, 2 hits, and no walks. (3K's). Also if stein, reese, lankeite, and severson were down this game wouldn't be close. CCH should have won by 4 in the first game anyway. All CCH will have to do to win this game (IMO) is the little things. I've seen enough of both teams this year to safely say, if CovCath plays their game they should come out with the W. From what I've seen, all you have to do to shut down Dixie is get that low outside fast ball working. Just ask Eric Schneider. (Get a little help from the defense). CCH will be fine they just need to calm down and play their game.

Edited by NKYSportsNut

All you have to do to shut down about any team, not just Dixie, is have a pitcher who throws a low outside fastball CONSISTENTLY. Not many of those pitchers around though. At least not in this region.

 

You can't say CCH is better than Dixie right now. Dixie won their matchup. Dixie made the plays that night and CCH didn't. They play later in the year and we'll find out who is better that night.

 

As for the idea that CCH would be much better with those other 4 soph's, you're right. But so would every other jv team that has soph's or frosh up playing varsity.

Your right that alot of teams have sophs playing varsity. Dixie, however, does not. Their whole JV team is all so phomores. Its a very deep class at Dixie.

NewCath has a strong JV team. They may be the favorite.

NewCath has a strong JV team. They may be the favorite.

 

I agree, that they are strong, and you definitely can't over look them (or anyone for that matter), but CCH and Dixie are just to deep this year. I don't see NCC making it to the finals this year.(If CCH and Dixie are on different sides....) But hey anything can happen, should be interesting to see this one play out.

Actually, they (Dixie and CCH) could play in the first game.:jump:

Brossart JV having solid season. Whole new JV coaching staff, keep up the good work guys.

Brossart JV having solid season. Whole new JV coaching staff, keep up the good work guys.

 

I heard they have been doing very well :thumb:, haven't gotten a chance to see them, planning on getting out this week.

I agree, that they are strong, and you definitely can't over look them (or anyone for that matter), but CCH and Dixie are just to deep this year. I don't see NCC making it to the finals this year.(If CCH and Dixie are on different sides....) But hey anything can happen, should be interesting to see this one play out.

 

Has NCC played CCH and/or Dixie this year? If so, results?

 

I've only seen them play once this year and came away very impressed with their talent.

 

Do teams drop players down from varsity to play in the JV tournament :idunno:?

Cooper is 7-11 with 4 games left on the schedule to try to get to .500 on the season. Pitching is not deep, and not enough hitting throughout the line-up.

 

we won 3 out of those 4. beat st. henry and ncc yesterday. we have a chance we have gotten alot better and been working on alot of differnt things. im number 19 i have been out most of the season with a ac joint seperation. my hitting in my eyes is very good, and us moving our line up around has helped us we have found a great line up.

we won 3 out of those 4. beat st. henry and ncc yesterday. we have a chance we have gotten alot better and been working on alot of differnt things. im number 19 i have been out most of the season with a ac joint seperation. my hitting in my eyes is very good, and us moving our line up around has helped us we have found a great line up.

 

Big win against NCC for sure. They are a very good team. I agree that the line-up seems to be clicking. The problem is pitching depth and defense at times. Colin Smith has seemed to get into a groove and has 2 complete games. Dunn on the other hand has had control problems since the Cov. Cath game and he will be needed if Cooper plans to get very far in the tournament. Not saying that other pitchers can eat up the innings, but he has to be able to get deaper into the games. I'm sure he will find it, but it needs to be soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.