Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers sign Hampton... place franchise tag on Jeff Reed

Featured Replies

Dang a Steelers and Bengals fan actually agree on something. I thought I would never see this. :laugh:

 

:isurrender: Oh no....

  • Replies 51
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Dang a Steelers and Bengals fan actually agree on something. I thought I would never see this. :laugh:

 

Jim Schue and I both agree that franchising a kicker is stupid :lol:

I don't think franchising a kicker is that bad of a deal if you can save money in the process.

 

In the Bengals situation, they did not have anyone else that they would franchise. TJ Houshmanzadeh probably should've been the choice, but he was so unhappy here that getting rid of him was addition by subtraction.

 

I don't know enough about the Steelers roster to decide if this is a good move or not. But, if they saved money, it's fine by me. I also hope that Reed has a similar season to Shayne Graham as a franchise kicker. :thumb:

^ It worked out well for the Bengals. They got out of paying Graham a long term deal and wasting the money on someone else.

^ It worked out well for the Bengals. They got out of paying Graham a long term deal and wasting the money on someone else.

 

Indeed it did, but NFL contracts are not guaranteed so releasing someone who is locked up long-term is not a huge issue.

 

With that said, if the Bengals had signed him to a long-term deal, he'd be kicking next year.

  • Author
I don't think franchising a kicker is that bad of a deal if you can save money in the process.

 

In the Bengals situation, they did not have anyone else that they would franchise. TJ Houshmanzadeh probably should've been the choice, but he was so unhappy here that getting rid of him was addition by subtraction.

 

I don't know enough about the Steelers roster to decide if this is a good move or not. But, if they saved money, it's fine by me. I also hope that Reed has a similar season to Shayne Graham as a franchise kicker. :thumb:

 

:banana:

I don't think franchising a kicker is that bad of a deal if you can save money in the process.

 

In the Bengals situation, they did not have anyone else that they would franchise. TJ Houshmanzadeh probably should've been the choice, but he was so unhappy here that getting rid of him was addition by subtraction.

 

I don't know enough about the Steelers roster to decide if this is a good move or not. But, if they saved money, it's fine by me. I also hope that Reed has a similar season to Shayne Graham as a franchise kicker. :thumb:

 

:lol: no way...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.