Scott 61 Highlands 55 (OT)

Scott 61, Highlands 55 (overtime)

Highlands (13-9) - Gordon 4 0 11, Smith- Keller 3 0 7, Watson 2 1 5, Dill 2 0 4, Crowley 3 0 8, Stewart 7 4 18, Towles 1 0 2. Totals: 22 5 55.

Scott (14-9) - Haynes 3 0 7, Smith 5 3 15, Kiefer 1 0 2, Niederegger 5 5 16, Stivers 0 2 2, O'Conner 3 3 9, Jones 5 0 10. Totals: 22 13 61.

Highlands 12 16 12 8 7 - 55

Scott 15 6 18 9 13 - 61

I'd say a pretty good showing for not having Grote/Grubbs/Lother/Kowolonek. Scott had GRC on the ropes for 3 qtrs last week and is a very good team.

I just hope the Birds get their full lineup back for Districts.

Stewart with 18 points for Birds. He will be a force next season and Crowley is a nice player also, he pitched in 8 points.

Kowolonek still out, and will he be back for the post-season? How about Lother?

WoW how would you like to be putting together a game plan not knowing if they're in or out?

Could be an X factor for the Birds :idunno:

They also got some guys stepping up i.e., Stewart, Gordon, Dill etc.

The Birds are an injured dog keep kick'em they'll bite somebody :taz:

I like the fact that some of the load has been put on the shoulders of Gordon and Dill. These are guys that are Seniors and have played the game for many years and they know that their HS Careers are coming to an end soon. I hope they step up in the Districts. Gordon and Dill both need to be scoring atleast 8-10 points a game for the Birds to be in the thick of things.

I also like the fact that some of the underclassmen are getting minutes. This will be important down the stretch as well if the Birds get into foul trouble or someone goes down with one of those nagging injuries during a game.

Tough game for the Birds to lose as they were in control until a series of turnovers (it seemed like 4 or 5 trips in a row) to start the 4th qt. did them in - combine that with poor free throw shooting (1-7 in the 4th and overtime) and a nice road win turned into a dissappointment.

Tough game for the Birds to lose as they were in control until a series of turnovers (it seemed like 4 or 5 trips in a row) to start the 4th qt. did them in - combine that with poor free throw shooting (1-7 in the 4th and overtime) and a nice road win turned into a dissappointment.

Highlands did what they needed to do with all of their players injured to keep game close. Sat in a zone the whole game and were very deliberate in their offense. Thought it was a good game plan by Coach Flynn and well executed by Highlands.

Give Scott some credit as they battled back being down by 11 after one possession in the second half and down 7 in the 4th quarter. At one point Scott was also around 2-10 or 2-12 from free throw line.

Scott got some big defensive plays and 2 key free throws from Ryan Stivers off of their bench after Jones fouled out with 3:00 left in 4th quarter.

Dunk by Niederegger on an alley oop that Scott ran out of their half court set was Sportscenter material.

I would have thought Scott could have shot them out of a zone early. Smith at Scott has to be one of the best shooters in NKY. IMO.

Highlands did a good job extending zone to cover the wings and had pretty good size on the wings. When Scott ran their offense they got pretty good looks and knocked down some shots. Chalk it up to the emotions of senior night or whatever but they also missed a lot of open looks.

Smith had an 8-0 run of his own in the third quarter to get Scott back in the game after falling down by as many as 11.

Gotta give Stewart credit as he was a force on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He did a nice job blocking shots and contesting shots all night. He was very physical with Scotts interior players.

If Highlands gets Lother and Kowolenek back for districts they still have all of the ingredients to make a run. Playing without them for the past few games might have helped develop some more depth and confidence for some of their guys coming off of the bench.

Highlands did a good job extending zone to cover the wings and had pretty good size on the wings. When Scott ran their offense they got pretty good looks and knocked down some shots. Chalk it up to the emotions of senior night or whatever but they also missed a lot of open looks.

Smith had an 8-0 run of his own in the third quarter to get Scott back in the game after falling down by as many as 11.

Gotta give Stewart credit as he was a force on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He did a nice job blocking shots and contesting shots all night. He was very physical with Scotts interior players.

If Highlands gets Lother and Kowolenek back for districts they still have all of the ingredients to make a run. Playing without them for the past few games might have helped develop some more depth and confidence for some of their guys coming off of the bench.

If Lother and Kowolonek are healthy when they play......also getting Watson healthy as I believe he had a monster game (16/14 ?) against NCC earlier this year.

I agree that others (Gordon, Dill, Crowley) have gained some confidence with more PT and they could benefit from that.....interesting to see if they can put it all together.