Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St Henry 50 Holy Cross 44

Featured Replies

Final

  • Author

Holy Cross finishes regular season 8-17...1-8 at home, 5-6 road, 2-3 neutral.

 

From the game

 

Holy Cross - 7 12 12 13 - 44

St Henry - 5 7 20 18 - 50

 

HC - Allen 1 1 3, Broering 1 2 5, Burger 4 3 13, Arlinghaus 2 5 9, Knochelman 6 0 12, Fuller 1 0 2 Totals 15 11 44

 

SH - Barnett 3 4 11, Anderson 2 4 9, Gulla 1 0 2, Seifried 2 4 8, Jordan 1 0 2, Bessler 6 1 13, Thorburn 2 1 5 Totals 17 14 50

 

More when I get home...they are turning the lights out on me at St Henry.

  • Author

HC was 15/43 FG, 3/16 3FG and 11/19 FT

St H was 17/43 FG including 12/18 in 2nd half, 2/11 3FG, and 14/20 FT including 13/18 2nd half.

 

Turnovers have killed HC, but more so the last two games which were both winnable games. 17 TOs Saturday at Conner and 17 tonight at St Henry with 11 in the 2nd half.

 

Rebounding edge with St Henry 31-30 led by Thorburn with 11.

The biggest surprise of the year for HC is the Knochelman boy. I saw him this summer and ,to be honest, thought he would struggle. I was pleasantly surprised to see his great improvement. He can really be a factor next year for HC with continued work.

Senior Night at St Henry. Threw the cru off a little as they came out a little flatfooted and out of synch. Faust got them back on track during break. They will need to play better to get past Villa next week, especially defensively.

I was impressed with HC's young team. Good luck to them. There are so many good seniors graduating from so many teams this year. Next year will be interesting.

Holy Cross finishes regular season 8-17...1-8 at home, 5-6 road, 2-3 neutral.

 

From the game

 

Holy Cross - 7 12 12 13 - 44

St Henry - 5 7 20 18 - 50

 

HC - Allen 1 1 3, Broering 1 2 5, Burger 4 3 13, Arlinghaus 2 5 9, Knochelman 6 0 12, Fuller 1 0 2 Totals 15 11 44

 

SH - Barnett 3 4 11, Anderson 2 4 9, Gulla 1 0 2, Seifried 2 4 8, Jordan 1 0 2, Bessler 6 1 13, Thorburn 2 1 5 Totals 17 14 50

 

More when I get home...they are turning the lights out on me at St Henry.

What's the story with Lea? Did he play much? I thought he would be a more consistent contributor to this team. I also thought that Broering would be scoring more than he has. I thought as teams focused on Burger, I thought he would be draining a few three's on folks.

 

I agree that next year HC could be very good.

Not a whole lot of opportunities for Marcus: maybe 2-3 shots. Great competitor against the SH players over the years, both soccer and basketball. SH players were pretty dialed in on him all night. Part of being a good player is being the focus of a defense.

What's the story with Lea? Did he play much? I thought he would be a more consistent contributor to this team. I also thought that Broering would be scoring more than he has. I thought as teams focused on Burger, I thought he would be draining a few three's on folks.

 

I agree that next year HC could be very good.

 

Marcus has had some games where he's put up 10 to 15. He's also had 2 point games.

 

I'd be curious to see 3 PT shooting % for Broering. Seems to shoot it well and probably needs to shoot more and be more assertive. That probably applies to Joe Allen as well.

Holy Cross should have won there last two games from what I heard. I agree, that next year they should have a very nice team with alot of experience. If you look at their scores, it looks like they were in most of their games and all of the top teams lose 3/4 seniors. If Knochelmann improves like he has this year, you will have a very good inside game with him and Arlinghouse and with Burger and Broering on the outside. They should be a a top 5 team next year.

Wasn't Egan one of HC's top scorers last season? Obviously he is not playing. Why?

This is a good momentum builder against a rapidly improving Holy Cross team. At the risk of veering off topic, I think the Indians are going to give Cov. Cath. all they can handle in the Districts. Another great job by Coach Faust who consistently gets more out of his players than any coach in the 9th. (over to you, Voice of Reason). :D

No offense to Mr.Faust, but once again it was senior night and I have to say those young men where the difference tonight not the coach. They gave everything they had to make their night a winner. Congrats to them and Mr. Faust and good luck in the districts.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.