Saints 31 Colts 17

I was not trying to compare the two situations. I was just using that as an example. Of how it is funny when a coach makes a very gutsy call you look like a genius and it was a great call if it works. Then if it doesn't work, you are an idiot and it was a dumb call. If the Pats had got that first down, people would have been saying it was a great call because it sealed the win for them. Just like if the Saints didn't get that, then people would blast it and say what a dumb call and how you can't give a team like the Colts that good of field position. I know I loved the call. Its just funny how when you make a gutsy call, you either look like a genius and a complete idiot after it.

Its also funny to see how few people are willing to stand by the call when it doesn't work. I liked the Pats decision to go for it on 4th and 2 in the Indy game, because they weren't going to stop the Colts had they punted. They tried to win the game with their best player and best unit. It didn't work.

I'm certain than many of the people who are reveling in Payton's great decision would be criticizing him without mercy had it failed.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its also funny to see how few people are willing to stand by the call when it doesn't work. I liked the Pats decision to go for it on 4th and 2 in the Indy game, because they weren't going to stop the Colts had they punted. They tried to win the game with their best player and best unit. It didn't work.

I'm certain than many of the people who are reveling in Payton's great decision would be criticizing him without mercy had it failed.

:thumb: That is exactly the point I was trying to make. I didn't think it was that hard to see that. However I still had people trying to say it was a horrible comparison. Yes the situations were different, however the outcome of the play would have determined if people thought it was a great idea or a horrible idea. Then if you switch the outcome of the play, the reactions would have been completely different. :thumb:

:thumb: That is exactly the point I was trying to make. I didn't think it was that hard to see that. However I still had people trying to say it was a horrible comparison. Yes the situations were different, however the outcome of the play would have determined if people thought it was a great idea or a horrible idea. Then if you switch the outcome of the play, the reactions would have been completely different. :thumb:

I got it. :thumb: