Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal on Dan Patrick Show

Featured Replies

What SEC teams are playing their conference games on Sunday?

 

How does Sunday figure in? UK has more than 3 days rest this week against Ark. because of a off mid week that's where the plus came from.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not upset about it, but there is definitely a schedule bias in favor of UK in SEC play now.

 

Ok which games are you talking about exactly? I just looked up the Tuesday night ESPN games. All 4 of UK's opponents on Super Tuesday played or play their previous game on the Saturday before. UK plays all of their previous opponents the Saturday before. I didn't look back at start times for Florida, but I'm pretty sure they played Vandy at noon and UK played after that. They play two games at 4 on Saturday and their Tuesday opponents play at 6 so that's a big 2 hours extra rest. They play Miss St on a Tuesday night following a Saturday night Tennessee game where Miss St plays at 7 on Saturday.

How does Sunday figure in? UK has more than 3 days rest this week against Ark. because of a off mid week that's where the plus came from.

 

 

I misunderstood what you were saying. Aren't most confernce weeknight games on Wednesday if you don't play the Tuesday games.

Ok which games are you talking about exactly? I just looked up the Tuesday night ESPN games. All 4 of UK's opponents on Super Tuesday played or play their previous game on the Saturday before. UK plays all of their previous opponents the Saturday before. I didn't look back at start times for Florida, but I'm pretty sure they played Vandy at noon and UK played after that. They play two games at 4 on Saturday and their Tuesday opponents play at 6 so that's a big 2 hours extra rest. They play Miss St on a Tuesday night following a Saturday night Tennessee game where Miss St plays at 7 on Saturday.

 

There opponents play on Thursday night, Arkansas plays tonight against Florida then has to play @UK Saturday. By UK playing on Tuesday and their opponents not playing until Thursday for the Saturday game, UK has a lot more time to get ready.

There opponents play on Thursday night, Arkansas plays tonight against Florida then has to play @UK Saturday. By UK playing on Tuesday and their opponents not playing until Thursday for the Saturday game, UK has a lot more time to get ready.

 

 

How many times does UK's Saturday opponent play on Thursday that week?

There opponents play on Thursday night, Arkansas plays tonight against Florida then has to play @UK Saturday. By UK playing on Tuesday and their opponents not playing until Thursday for the Saturday game, UK has a lot more time to get ready.

 

Ok got you. How many times do other teams play on Tuesday? Like Tennessee? Also, UK's thoughest game in the SEC looks like it will be at Tennessee right? UK plays them Sat. the 27th at noon. They play So Car the Thursday before at 9:00 and Tennessee plays Tuesday that week. Does that loss not count if UK loses?

How many times does UK's Saturday opponent play on Thursday that week?

 

I didn't know that was a concern for other SEC fans so I'm looking at schedules now. I actually like that UK's toughest road test will be on short rest at Tennessee. You only get one day off when the games really matter right?

Ok got you. How many times do other teams play on Tuesday? Like Tennessee? Also, UK's thoughest game in the SEC looks like it will be at Tennessee right? UK plays them Sat. the 27th at noon. They play So Car the Thursday before at 9:00 and Tennessee plays Tuesday that week. Does that loss not count if UK loses?

 

It's not many every other SEC team only has 1 or 2 games where they play an opponent on Tuesday or Wed, and there Sat opponent plays on the Thursday after. It was in the Lexington Herald yesterday. UK has more than double the games like this than any other SEC school. I'm really not upset about it, it's mostly because UK has tons of appeal for national audiences on Super Tuesday. But it certainly gives UK an advantage. To me it should work out where we have 2 Thursday night game and you just switch opponents come Saturday, so the Thursday night game teams play other Thursday night game teams from that week, but no one asked me.

How many times does UK's Saturday opponent play on Thursday that week?

 

Four.

I didn't know that was a concern for other SEC fans so I'm looking at schedules now. I actually like that UK's toughest road test will be on short rest at Tennessee. You only get one day off when the games really matter right?

 

That's true, it should help SEC teams be more prepared come March, but this is all I will say on it. I feel like I'm thread jacking. Be glad to discuss it though in another thread if you want to go on.

It's not many every other SEC team only has 1 or 2 games where they play an opponent on Tuesday or Wed, and there Sat opponent plays on the Thursday after. It was in the Lexington Herald yesterday. UK has more than double the games like this than any other SEC school. I'm really not upset about it, it's mostly because UK has tons of appeal for national audiences on Super Tuesday. But it certainly gives UK an advantage. To me it should work out where we have 2 Thursday night game and you just switch opponents come Saturday, so the Thursday night game teams play other Thursday night game teams from that week, but no one asked me.

 

 

You are obviously looking at it the wrong way. The SEC is doing the rest of the teams a big service, and screwing Kentucky. The SEC is helping to prepare all of the other SEC teams for post season tournament play by having them play on a Thursday, and then again on Saturday. Once again the Wildcats are being screwed by the SEC. :sssh::D:D

There opponents play on Thursday night, Arkansas plays tonight against Florida then has to play @UK Saturday. By UK playing on Tuesday and their opponents not playing until Thursday for the Saturday game, UK has a lot more time to get ready.

 

False. UK plays Bama at 9:00 Tuesday February 9th and they play Tennessee Saturday the 13th. Tennessee's game that week is also Tuesday the 9th against Vandy at 7. That was the 1st and only one I looked at.

False. UK plays Bama at 9:00 Tuesday February 9th and they play Tennessee Saturday the 13th. Tennessee's game that week is also Tuesday the 9th against Vandy at 7. That was the 1st and only one I looked at.

 

Some weeks they will be off or play on Wed. It's not every Saturday game, it's just 4 of the 8 Saturday games. That's it though I promise I feel like I'm hijacking by keeping on this course.

 

The 4 teams are Arkansas, LSU, @Vandy, and Tenn on the road which I didn't realize UK also played on that Thursday.

Some weeks they will be off or play on Wed. It's not every Saturday game, it's just 4 of the 8 Saturday games. That's it though I promise I feel like I'm hijacking by keeping on this course.

 

The 4 teams are Arkansas, LSU, @Vandy, and Tenn on the road which I didn't realize UK also played on that Thursday.

 

Again, Tennessee plays Super Tuesday that week and UK plays Thursday at 9:00.

Again, Tennessee plays Super Tuesday that week and UK plays Thursday at 9:00.

 

My mistake Auburn was the 4th one not Tenn. I was looking forward not back on the schedule Auburn played @UT last Thursday.

 

So UK hurts from it once, and benefits from it 4 times.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.