Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Florida......thoughts and predictions

Who wins this one? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other than his championship years, IMO Billy D has been a huge underachiever. His had talent and squandered it. If not for the great chemistry of the Noah crew, he wouldn't even be a big name IMO. Cal has a decent resume as well though. I think Billy D has shown his true colors the last few years, and I'm glad he's not at UK. If he ever shows up on the Cats sidelines I will seriously stop watching them or caring about them, something I didn't even do at the the end of the Tubby era or the entire the BCG era.

I guess the national runner up in 2000 doesn't count. To say that he has underachieved

At florida is silly because prior to him being there what has florida really ever done. I will give you that florida is not at the level of year past but the team has continually improved since they lost there top 6 players from a national champion team of two years ago. Not saying cals resume isn't good but it doesn't compare to donovan. Just two years ago everyone was begging for him to go to lexington, I guess two years later he just forgot to coach.

I guess the national runner up in 2000 doesn't count. To say that he has underachieved

At florida is silly because prior to him being there what has florida really ever done. I will give you that florida is not at the level of year past but the team has continually improved since they lost there top 6 players from a national champion team of two years ago. Not saying cals resume isn't good but it doesn't compare to donovan. Just two years ago everyone was begging for him to go to lexington, I guess two years later he just forgot to coach.

 

I see your point, I just don't think he's that good of a coach. I can't really back that up with any stats, it's just how I feel. I thought his best coaching job was in 2000 actually, so I remembered it. I just don't think he's an elite guy, though he has the resume. But I do see how people think he's a good coach.

 

As for wanting him here, I didn't and don't. We have a better coach IMO, and I would/will never support Billy D. He would have been a terrible hire 2 seasons ago or this season IMO. People that wanted him IMO, are people that just can't let go of Pitino and they thought he would be the same guy. They're not even similar IMO. Both have had success obviously though. Cal is where it's at. He's always been the man for UK. I wanted him 2 years ago, I wanted him this off season, and had I been old enough to think about it I would have wanted him after Pitino left. He is slick and enjoys being a used car salesman. It fits UK and our fanbase. Pitino got that, Cal gets that. Donovan would be terrible at that at UK IMO. He's not the kind of guy that is going to always field a competitive team IMO. That' doesn't work at UK. JMO.

 

My argument, I guess is that going forward I think Cal will have infinitely more success than Billy D. To me, Billy D just doesn't get it done. Like I said, I don't have anything to back it up, I just don't think he'll do anything on the National Level in the near future.

 

And I just don't like Billy D. I can't stand him. I would have stopped caring about college basketball had he came to UK.

I see your point, I just don't think he's that good of a coach. I can't really back that up with any stats, it's just how I feel. I thought his best coaching job was in 2000 actually, so I remembered it. I just don't think he's an elite guy, though he has the resume. But I do see how people think he's a good coach.

 

As for wanting him here, I didn't and don't. We have a better coach IMO, and I would/will never support Billy D. He would have been a terrible hire 2 seasons ago or this season IMO. People that wanted him IMO, are people that just can't let go of Pitino and they thought he would be the same guy. They're not even similar IMO. Both have had success obviously though. Cal is where it's at. He's always been the man for UK. I wanted him 2 years ago, I wanted him this off season, and had I been old enough to think about it I would have wanted him after Pitino left. He is slick and enjoys being a used car salesman. It fits UK and our fanbase. Pitino got that, Cal gets that. Donovan would be terrible at that at UK IMO. He's not the kind of guy that is going to always field a competitive team IMO. That' doesn't work at UK. JMO.

 

My argument, I guess is that going forward I think Cal will have infinitely more success than Billy D. To me, Billy D just doesn't get it done. Like I said, I don't have anything to back it up, I just don't think he'll do anything on the National Level in the near future.

 

And I just don't like Billy D. I can't stand him. I would have stopped caring about college basketball had he came to UK.

I understand. He is not a good coach because you don't like him. To say he is not a good coach because you don't like him is laughable. Don't get me wrong cal is a great coach, and I think he is a great fit at UK. But to this point donovan has proved more and has done it at a school that had no basketball history prior to his arrival. Hate donovan all you want, but you can't honestly say that he isn't one of the top coaches in the country.

I understand. He is not a good coach because you don't like him. To say he is not a good coach because you don't like him is laughable. Don't get me wrong cal is a great coach, and I think he is a great fit at UK. But to this point donovan has proved more and has done it at a school that had no basketball history prior to his arrival. Hate donovan all you want, but you can't honestly say that he isn't one of the top coaches in the country.

 

I will say that Donovan was one of the top coaches. I know it isn't too historic, but the same can be said about many number of coaches.

 

Gary Williams has done zilch since his title in 2002.

Paul Hewitt - well, that speaks for itself. A FF in 04...

 

Unlike Hewitt and Williams, Donovan can do much better, just hasn't found the right fit. Since 07, his teams have not had the dominant big men they used to have.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.