Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Advantage for the Private schools if there is a split

Featured Replies

If they split the private schools can "recruit" and give financial aid to kids to come to their schools. Did the public schools see this? It would make sense, they wouldn't have to be in the KHSAA and can do what they want right?

I agree. Why wouldn't a top athlete in Louisville want to play for Trinity and St. X more so , now that they would be playing a more nationwide schedule. They would be seen by more recruiters.

  • Author
I agree. Why wouldn't a top athlete in Louisville want to play for Trinity and St. X more so , now that they would be playing a more nationwide schedule. They would be seen by more recruiters.

 

BINGO! That is what I have been trying to tell people.

Yeah, this is already happening in other states and I don't think that most people that support public schools have a problem with that as they already percieve that the private schools are recruiting anyway. They believe that the split would just keep the schools that they think are recruiting out of their system. I am not accusing anyone of anything, just stating what I am hearing from public people. It would definitely make it harder for a public Louisville or Lexington school to get the top athletes.

Funny thing is the only schools to be punished for recruiting or illegal transfers are the public schools in recent years.

I agree. Why wouldn't a top athlete in Louisville want to play for Trinity and St. X more so , now that they would be playing a more nationwide schedule. They would be seen by more recruiters.

 

Its already tough enough getting PT at T or X. While there may some good individual talent that would take advantage of the opportunity, I don't see the public schools losing a large number of kids.

You;d be wrong, IMO

The fact is the result would be bad for both parties. The private school athletic budgets would skyrocket with all the travel. The kids would lose the chance to have traditional rivalries with local schools. The public schools would know that the title they won didn't include competition with the best teams. Ther is no reason to do this, the result would weaken Kentucky high school football and all other sports.

  • Author
The fact is the result would be bad for both parties. The private school athletic budgets would skyrocket with all the travel. The kids would lose the chance to have traditional rivalries with local schools. The public schools would know that the title they won didn't include competition with the best teams. Ther is no reason to do this, the result would weaken Kentucky high school football and all other sports.

 

Good Observation! Kentucky has won the KY/TN All-Star game significantly over the past years. Tennessee has a private and public division. Makes you think.

Good Observation! Kentucky has won the KY/TN All-Star game significantly over the past years. Tennessee has a private and public division. Makes you think.

 

I don't really pay attention to the KY/TN All-Star game. I am curious, how many players on the KY team are from private schools?

  • Author
I don't really pay attention to the KY/TN All-Star game. I am curious, how many players on the KY team are from private schools?

 

 

Which ever one's are playing for UK or UL. That is the only people that get voted on.

Which ever one's are playing for UK or UL. That is the only people that get voted on.

 

Oh, ok, the college recuits, thanks.

Which ever one's are playing for UK or UL. That is the only people that get voted on.

Not true, if that were the case the Kentucky All-Stars would suit up about a dozen players.

I don't really pay attention to the KY/TN All-Star game. I am curious, how many players on the KY team are from private schools?

 

The 2005 team had 6 players from private schools.

The 2005 team had 6 players from private schools.

 

That seems like a lot considering how many private schools there are in KY playing football.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.