Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowman Academy, IN 60 Holmes 58

Featured Replies

Bankshot it was a concern at the start of the season but everyone in CVG thought that Rico was the answer. I honestly dont think it suits him very well and I dont see anyone else that could do it honestly. They need Avery's athleticism on the floor along with JJ/Rico/Elijah and Kevon/Slusher. Maybe Slusher can step up or something but when they play the really good teams they will wish they had Riley.

  • Author

Chris Hayes is the closest thing to a true pg that Holmes has. He is extremely quick with the ball and able to use both hands when dribbling which makes it easier for him to get around pressure.

 

After watching this game on ihigh.com, I think the biggest thing that's hurting Holmes right now is they simply aren't being aggressive and pushing the ball. They lack a sense of urgency offensively.

 

In the first half, Pittman dominated but for whatever reason they went away from him in the second half? Bowman had nobody that could guard him, including their star Dejuan Marrero.

 

I don't buy that Ricardo isn't a pg and unhappy about having to run the point. Coach Henley put the ball in his hands and had him running the point last year during late game situations and he did fine.

 

Didn't Holmes lose their second game last year too then win 20 or so in a row? I think they'll be fine, but they play an extremely tough schedule so they're going to lose some games this year. I think they'll lose around 4 or 5 games.

Chris Hayes is the closest thing to a true pg that Holmes has. He is extremely quick with the ball and able to use both hands when dribbling

 

Tweet.

 

Double dribble.

Chris Hayes is the closest thing to a true pg that Holmes has. He is extremely quick with the ball and able to use both hands when dribbling which makes it easier for him to get around pressure.

 

After watching this game on ihigh.com, I think the biggest thing that's hurting Holmes right now is they simply aren't being aggressive and pushing the ball. They lack a sense of urgency offensively.

 

In the first half, Pittman dominated but for whatever reason they went away from him in the second half? Bowman had nobody that could guard him, including their star Dejuan Marrero.

 

I don't buy that Ricardo isn't a pg and unhappy about having to run the point. Coach Henley put the ball in his hands and had him running the point last year during late game situations and he did fine.

 

Didn't Holmes lose their second game last year too then win 20 or so in a row? I think they'll be fine, but they play an extremely tough schedule so they're going to lose some games this year. I think they'll lose around 4 or 5 games.

 

They also have Mayfield and Herndon on the bench that can play pg. Anyone know why Herndon isn't getting more PT at pg? I've watched him for two years, back when he played JV as a Sophomore and again that summer when he played on a team with Riley, Dom Johnson. He can play that position and handles the ball very well.

 

I watched the game on ihigh and once Bowman went to the press, Holmes didn't have an answer. That's where a lot of turnovers happened. They put Hayes in the game, but he really didn't make a big difference against the press.

  • Author
They also have Mayfield and Herndon on the bench that can play pg. Anyone know why Herndon isn't getting more PT at pg? I've watched him for two years, back when he played JV as a Sophomore and again that summer when he played on a team with Riley, Dom Johnson. He can play that position and handles the ball very well.

 

I watched the game on ihigh and once Bowman went to the press, Holmes didn't have an answer. That's where a lot of turnovers happened. They put Hayes in the game, but he really didn't make a big difference against the press.

 

Both struggle against better teams, especially Herndon. Mayfield is good for defense and that's about it. He gets out of control at times and tries to do too much which causes silly turnovers.

 

I agree that the press killed Holmes. Both Johnson Brothers would walk the ball up and seemingly wait for the trap to come, rather than being aggressive and attacking the middle.

 

I could be wrong about Hayes. It's still early and I guess only time will tell.

Any word of Pittman's stats?

  • Author
Any word of Pittman's stats?

 

Pittman had 12 at the half but not sure what he finished with. Holmes kind of went away from him in the second half for whatever reason. I'd say he finished with 15-20.

If I was Henley, my PG position would keep me up at night. RJ is NOT a point guard. If he is being forced to play that spot, he cannot be happy. Nothing worse than putting a player where he is not comfortable. IMO, this team could have some serious issues if the PG spot is not put in confident, capable hands.

 

You don't know RJ real well. He's a TOTAL TEAM PLAYER. He will do anything and I mean anything the coach asks him to help his team win. Maybe PG is not his natural position. I think playing him at point is a huge mistake for the Bulldogs because he's looking to pass the ball first until the game is on the line then he seems to rise to the occassion.

 

He's capable of scoring 18-20 pts per game BUT not playing PG.

 

I doubt if he's unhappy :rolleyes:

 

Just keep in mind that EVERYONE is bringing their best game when they play Holmes I mean EVERYONE - there are no nights off for the defending STATE CHAMPS

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.