Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X crowd at Greenwood?

Featured Replies

Question for the St. X followers: how many folks do you see making the trip to Bowling Green this Friday?

I wanted to try to think of something clever to answer this question about the amount of fans from St. X going to the Greenwood game, but did not. It’s a good question, yet I do wonder why it is being asked? Possibly related to this, this week I was wondering about gate revenue at playoff games. Where does the gate revenue go? Does the KHSAA get all of it? How much does each school get? If the schools participating get some of it, is it divided equally? How much more financially does it help a team to be able to host a playoff game? I know that concessions, etc., would be greater for the school hosting, but does that school get any more gate revenue by hosting a playoff game?

 

By the way, how was it determined that this game is to be played in Bowling Green? St. X is undefeated against KY competition.

Regardless of where the game is played, St. X wins this one big 63-14.

If the past is a good indicator, at least 1000. The schools split the gate. KHSAA gets all the finals money/

  • Author

The main reason I ask is that us Greenwood people need to know whether or not we need to bring in portable bleachers for the visitor section. Our little section holds maybe a couple of hundred. We want to do everything in our power to be good hosts.

The main reason I ask is that us Greenwood people need to know whether or not we need to bring in portable bleachers for the visitor section. Our little section holds maybe a couple of hundred. We want to do everything in our power to be good hosts.

 

A good place to track this information would be to contact the St. Xavier athletic department. I am sure they will have a good number for you from advanced ticket sales sometime by Wednesday. The contact information and be found at http://www.saintx.com.

 

I would say between 1,000 and 1,300 depending on how the weather forcast is shaping up.

 

I will be there. Looking forward to visiting "THE SWAMP".

By the way, how was it determined that this game is to be played in Bowling Green? St. X is undefeated against KY competition.

 

It's an odd-numbered year so therefore the odd-numbered region hosts.

I am going to the game and I heard Ed Sears would be in attendance also.

I think the 1,000 - 1,300 number is probably correct. Getting the pre-game sales number from the St. X. ticket office will help, but there will be a lot of people who will wait until Friday before deciding on the trip. :cool:

I just found out there will be know pregame ticket sales at St. Xavier.

 

Hope Greenwood is prepared for the gate sales.

The main reason I ask is that us Greenwood people need to know whether or not we need to bring in portable bleachers for the visitor section. Our little section holds maybe a couple of hundred. We want to do everything in our power to be good hosts.

 

Thanks for asking and trying to prepare. You're first question about how many would attend was more open ended. Thanks, again, for trying to be prepared.

I think about 1000 will drive down from Louisville, but I bet you get 200-300 locals who want to see the #1 team in the state. In fact, with semi-final games at BG and Greenwood on Friday, a lot of folks will make that their Friday night entertainment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.