Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 28 Cooper 7

Featured Replies

Final.

 

 

Win for Cooper in my opinion.

OK..a loss is a win.......HUH?????

I thought the score would be higher? Details

  • Author
OK..a loss is a win.......HUH?????

 

Being a student at Cooper - I heard the score "57-0" for a year straight. Read the Cooper/Conner prediction thread. It was expected to be worse this year. Also as a student I knew that a lot of players were really down and not looking forward to the game tonight. An almost nonexistant defense came out and held Conner under their season average of points scored. The final score being only a 3 TD difference I think is huge for Cooper.

Edited by threetimelover
Rule 2

Cooperjag....FYI: in two years, I believe the roles will be reversed between these two programs. In regards to tonight, However, your logic is reversed by the fact that it was a sloppy field, Conner ran the ball 75% of the time (when I think their season average has been 60% in the air), and Conner came out flat as well. They just wanted to get this game over with as they are now on the bye week.....and Conner did not dress Pugh #22, the kicker (who has a very strong leg), and I saw one starter spend most of the first half throwing up due to the flu. This was a get it done and go home game for Conner. Your description of Cooper players mental state prior to the game is the opposite of what I expected,they should have come out ready to pull an upset...Conner just wanted to win and go home. So, to answer your question, I am neither playing dumb nor ignorant.........just honest. Not getting your butt kicked is never a win.....a loss is a loss. Football does not lend itself to emotional wins.

Final.

 

 

Win for Cooper in my opinion.

 

WHAT?:idunno::idunno:

Would have liked to see Conner put up 57 again, but I'll take the W. Hopefully Pugh will return soon. West had a great game as usual. Does anyone know who Conner has after thier bye week?

To echo others the game was not as close as the score. On the positive side for Cooper, they did manage to extend a few drives and keep the Conner offense off the field but they couldn't turn it in to points.As for Conner, they seemed content to get into the bye week and wait on the playoffs.

Final.

 

 

Win for Cooper in my opinion.

 

KHSAA has it down as an L for the Jaguars.

To echo others the game was not as close as the score. On the positive side for Cooper, they did manage to extend a few drives and keep the Conner offense off the field but they couldn't turn it in to points.As for Conner, they seemed content to get into the bye week and wait on the playoffs.

 

 

I have to disagree, I think the game was closer than the score shows. A few mental mistakes by Cooper cost them atleast 2 scores in my opinion. That fake punt called back hurt, and a 4th and inches with a false start also hurt. I think this game could have been a lot closer than the final and I think that it was closer. Conner was very flat, and I understand they were looking forward to the playoffs. But in the very near future, if they come out flat like that, it could be a long night for the Cougars. Got to get the kids ready to play every game like it is their last is the best way to treat high school games.

I have to disagree, I think the game was closer than the score shows. A few mental mistakes by Cooper cost them atleast 2 scores in my opinion. That fake punt called back hurt, and a 4th and inches with a false start also hurt. I think this game could have been a lot closer than the final and I think that it was closer. Conner was very flat, and I understand they were looking forward to the playoffs. But in the very near future, if they come out flat like that, it could be a long night for the Cougars. Got to get the kids ready to play every game like it is their last is the best way to treat high school games.

 

I agree about the two fourth down plays. With the wet field, Cooper was able to move the ball and when they had fourth and inches, the false start killed that drive which would have ate more time off the clock. A great conversion on the fake punt put was called back on illegal formation I believe. This game and the Boone game was much closer than the score. I think the better teams won but what a difference from last year. Cooper kids are still playing hard until the end. Hopefully they end the season on a win Friday night.

If I remeber correctly Conner had only 6 possesions and scored 4 TD's. It was the fastest HS game I have ever seen. The game started at 7:00 and was over at 8:45 or 8:50. Conner was 17 for 22 passing and Cooper hardly threw the ball so the clock kept rollin'. Not to mention that Cooper wisely took a lot of time between plays to shorten the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.