Best Small School

It depends on what you are referring to as best team. Best dual team or best tourney team.

I personally have to go with Larue at the state tourney.

They have some proven talent comming back.

2 finalists and a 3rd.

Parker, Miller, and Banks could all be in the finals scoring big points.

They also have Carman and Barnhill (who both placed last year) at 152,160. Most of the tough competition graduated from those wt. classes. Moving them way up.

Sheldon Clark only has one proven stud.

Howard. although I think Wells could make some noise if given a good draw in the state tourney.

This is all based on passed state tourney accomplishments, I don't have any firsthand knowledge/ties and therefore IMO makes it impartial.

However I know both of these teams usually pull a few wrestlers out of the woodwork that few know about and could change my mind quickly.

This is only my Pre-season prediction. :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Mat Aggressor, evidently you haven't seen Sheldon Clark wrestle. Howard is not the team. There are 14 of them. This team will be awesome this year. They only graduated one and with Matt Slone staying back, that means that they will be having 12 state qualifiers coming back. I feel that SC has a great shot at the state title.

The arguement with Banks can go both ways.

Banks is able to defeat some very tough wrestlers, but sometimes he takes a lose to a wrestler that maybe he shouldn't lose to.

Last year was a great example. He lost to Mines and then defeates Smith for 3rd.

Two year ago he did a similar thing. He defeated Bankemper, then lost to Weston and Sanders. (Bankemper defeated both of these easily)

Of cource this is just in the state tourney. But this is where it counts. :ylsuper:

Banks isnt overated,didnt he beat howard easily at state duels. :argue:

Banks did defeat Howard but it wasn't easy. It was a pretty good match. The end score was 10-5. At the beginning of the match Banks and Howard hit head to head and Howard's eye got cut down. I'm not making excuses for Howard I'm just saying that could have effected his performance. The points that Banks score was from throws. He put Howard on his bach at the beginning o fthe match and at the very end.

• 1 month later...