Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coal Grove, OH 36 Greenup County 22

Featured Replies

Final

Sounds like Rashard Carter ran wild in this one, going for over 270 yards. Unfortunately, though, the Musketeer defense couldn't stop Coal Grove enough to get the win.

  • Author

I don't kniow where to start... First of all Congratulations to Rashard Carter who broke the single game rushing record tonight. The offensive line really stepped up and after the game Coach noted that they had done a great job. With that being said, we have to get better defending the pass. Coal Grove got deep on us to many times.

 

Terry Waugh did a good job in his first appearance as QB and will only get better as he settles in to this new position.

 

Greenup played hard and never quit. We don't have any reason to get down. Just get to work this week and prepare for the beginning of your real season next Friday night.

Tough loss for GCHS, when a team like Coal Grove gets a lead it is hard to come back, their smashmouth - grind it out style of play usually eats up clock and limits chances for the opponet.

 

GCHS, just keep playing hard and don't quit. IMO you have the program going in the right direction. :thumb:

 

Congrats to Coal Grove on the win.

Congratulations to Coal Grove on a nice win.

 

 

Greenup Co. keep working hard. It sure sounds like Carter had a big night.

Greenup played a good game and never quit. Waugh looked good at QB, Congratulations to Carter he had a BIG night!

Let's see...Carter has played 2 games for Greenup County so far. In the first one, he tears off a 70 yard TD run to give his team the lead against their big intra-county rival and then blocks a kick to put the game away. In the second one, he breaks the school record for rushing yards by going for over 270 yards. Yeah, I'd say this guy is some kind of special talent. He's going to give his old running mate Alber some competition for area player of the year! :-)

 

I still can't get over the irony of Greenup having to face that duo in week 1. They drew the shortest straw on that one.

Though it would have been nice for a GCHS win, I am glad to see Carter do well. I met him last year and I thought he was a really good kid. :thumb:

Though it would have been nice for a GCHS win, I am glad to see Carter do well. I met him last year and I thought he was a really good kid. :thumb:

 

I don't know what kind of kid he is. But he can sure run with that football. He is one of the best.:notworthy:

Greenup played hard and never quit. We don't have any reason to get down. Just get to work this week and prepare for the beginning of your real season next Friday night.

 

With the guy in charge there now, I doubt you'll ever NOT be able to say "played hard and never quit" regardless of the outcome of the game on the scoreboard.

 

..and you said it -- the REAL season is next Friday. Everything up til now has been SCRIMMAGES to get ready for it. A much better 'pre-season' for the Musketeers in '09, than most would've thought would be coming after '08, huh?!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.