Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seneca 2009/2010

Featured Replies

What does Seneca need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Will be a MAJOR threat in the 7th this year. Team is loaded with talented athletes.

 

Only problem is that they play in the same district as Ballard, Trinity and Waggener and there is a good possibility that 3 of these teams will be ranked in the top 20 at some point this year.

I would not be surprised to see this team win the 7th. They will be front runners with Eastern and J'Town. The Maddox kid is the real deal.

I would say the 7th is Eastern's to lose and then I would increase the list of possibles to:

 

Ballard, Jtown, Male, Seneca, Trinity and I don't think you can seperate these until you see how they start the season.

I would say the 7th is Eastern's to lose and then I would increase the list of possibles to:

 

Ballard, Jtown, Male, Seneca, Trinity and I don't think you can seperate these until you see how they start the season.

 

Eastern is certainly the jewel of the 7th this year, but I don't see how you don't mention Manual as a possible winner. Manual has enough talent coming back to compete with the other teams mentioned. Without Jenkins last year Manual beat Seneca and lost to Trinity on a game winner by Epley. They did win the district for the last two years as well by beating Male. Manual took J'town into OT in the King of the Bluegrass, again without Jenkins. Manual will be a dark horse in the 7th this year. Mark it down.

Eastern is certainly the jewel of the 7th this year, but I don't see how you don't mention Manual as a possible winner. Manual has enough talent coming back to compete with the other teams mentioned. Without Jenkins last year Manual beat Seneca and lost to Trinity on a game winner by Epley. They did win the district for the last two years as well by beating Male. Manual took J'town into OT in the King of the Bluegrass, again without Jenkins. Manual will be a dark horse in the 7th this year. Mark it down.

 

You could certainly be right but I think Manual's year will depend on how well Nikolic plays. I think they have some other solid players with Samsel and Mitchell but I just don't see them at quite the level as the other five teams. Time shall tell if I am right or wrong?:idunno:

Manual will be good but lack depth. Really, their accomplishments over Trinity and Seneca last year have nothing to do with the upcoming year. Samsel is a really good player. Nikolic will have a good year too. Miles Mitchel is a good role player. Andre Gray is the one nobody talks about now -but every body will be by January.

Seneca has experience and depth. Deonte Maddox, Aaron Nance, Zach McElwain and Jordan Jacobs are the seniors. I understand the Andre Hearn may rejoin that class on the floor this year. The junior class has Roy Stone, Martez Harris, Kevin Shaw, Walter Alexander and Michael Fluellen. Athletism, depth, and expereince should make the Redhawks a top team in the 7th. I sub there sometimes (and dupont Manual). They are a great group of kids!

Manual will be good but lack depth. Really, their accomplishments over Trinity and Seneca last year have nothing to do with the upcoming year. Samsel is a really good player. Nikolic will have a good year too. Miles Mitchel is a good role player. Andre Gray is the one nobody talks about now -but every body will be by January.

Seneca has experience and depth. Deonte Maddox, Aaron Nance, Zach McElwain and Jordan Jacobs are the seniors. I understand the Andre Hearn may rejoin that class on the floor this year. The junior class has Roy Stone, Martez Harris, Kevin Shaw, Walter Alexander and Michael Fluellen. Athletism, depth, and expereince should make the Redhawks a top team in the 7th. I sub there sometimes (and dupont Manual). They are a great group of kids!

 

I just don't think Manual's athleticism stacks up with the top 4 or 5 teams in the region. I think that will be hard for them to overcome.

I just don't think Manual's athleticism stacks up with the top 4 or 5 teams in the region. I think that will be hard for them to overcome.

 

I agree with you on the athleticism, but maybe Manual's coach will teach them how to play a zone D this year and how to take charges. Manual has more than just Samsel and Nicolic though. Trey Jones is very long athletic player with a very good shot. They have another kid to go along with Andre Gray they call Q who is also athletic and quite a good player. They could get by with an 7-8 man rotation and be quite successful.

 

The only team that stands out above the rest in the 7th is Eastern in my opinion. The other top teams in the 7th are pretty equal from what I can tell.

I think the 7th will be the deepest region this season as there may be 5-6 teams ranked in the top 20 at a some point this year.

 

Eastern, Ballard, Jtown, Male, Trinity, Seneca, Manual will all be dangerous teams this upcoming season.

 

Should be some fun games to watch!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.