St. Henry v. Notre Dame (Volleyball)

BigDP

#1 Notre Dame v. #2 St. Henry

Is it to early to begin talking about this match that will take place next Thursday 9/24 at TMC?

We are T minus 9 days and counting..... (of course, both teams have a couple of games between now and then)... However, it all begins tonight with the freshman game at St. Henry. I believe that game starts at 6pm.

Any thoughts on the freshman game tonight or the JV and Varsity matches next week?

It will be a great match up. Until proven otherwise, the nod has to go to ND, but with two such good teams, anthing can happen. No doubt the fans will get their money's worth.

I understand this is also their breast cancer awareness game. Good choice.

I think this is the second year in a row that this game is the Breast Cancer Awareness game. The crowd will be hopping, that's for sure.

I like the Crusaders in the upset. Just got a feeling that the home court is going to be very nice to them this time around and the Volleyball Crusaders will complete the two day, two game sweep for SHDHS as I also believe the the girls soccer team will beat the #1 ranked Pandas on Wednesday night, also at St. Henry.

Will be a great week of sports on Scheben drive!

-CF

The volleyball match is Notre Dame's home game this year and they have moved it to TMC. It will certainly be a great atmosphere, much like the match last year at St. Henry which NDA took 3-0. NDA will be tough to beat, but it can be done. The Crusaders will have to block and defend with everything they have. The soccer match will be a fantastic game. I look for that one to be decided in a shootout.

The game Thursday is for the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign again (great idea!!). If you would like to purchase t-shirts for the game, they are $10 and you can still get them at Notre Dame Academy. I know they ran out of sizes last year so you can stop by the school and purchase the shirts. I believe what ever shirts they have left over will be brought to TMC Thursday for sale as well.

It should be a festival atmosphere at TMC and I'm sure both teams will be excited to play with all the noise, fanfare, etc..

After looking at the common opponents (I know that doesn't paint the full picture), I would have to give the edge to the Pandas. I'll say 3-1 Pandas. Their senior leadership will be to strong in the end (just my opinion).

As for the soccer game on Wednesday night, I think it is a flip of the coin on which way that one goes. I'll give St. Henry the home field advantage and say the score will be 1 - 0, with the freshman from St. Henry (Leedom) scoring in the last 3 minutes of regulation to win it. Both goalies will have an incredible game and my prediction is the teams will be again in the playoffs (I know, I'm way out on that ledge on this prediction).

The volleyball match is Notre Dame's home game this year and they have moved it to TMC. It will certainly be a great atmosphere, much like the match last year at St. Henry which NDA took 3-0. NDA will be tough to beat, but it can be done. The Crusaders will have to block and defend with everything they have. The soccer match will be a fantastic game. I look for that one to be decided in a shootout.

The cause and the atmosphere almost make the game's outcome secondary.

The cause and the atmosphere almost make the game's outcome secondary.

Cause = $10 (Breast Cancer Shirt):thumb::thumb::thumb:

Atmosphere = $7 (Ticket @ TMC):banana::banana::banana:

Seeing top 2 NKY Volleyball teams = Priceless!!! :dancingpa:dancingpa

Isn't that how the commercial goes?

Should be a great night!!!!

Good luck to both teams, just a bit more luck to the paNDA's!

Notre Dame wins 3-0 (27-25, 26-24, 25-14)

WOW...that must have been an amazing match...simply incredible!

Well congrats to Noter Dame on the 2 day sweep of the Crusaders. Looks like the pollsters had it right. Hope both schools get to meet up again later in the year in both soccer and volleyball.

-CardinalsFan

I have to tell you the crowd and excitement was amazing. Both schools cheering section was exciting to behold. At times, the cheering was so loud many folks were covering their ears!!!

The match was everything it was pumped up to being. The Crusdaders came out strong as did the Pandas. The first two game's score tell the story, it was a nail biter. But the Pandas continued to ride the wave of momentum to bring it home in three. A fantastic game played by both teams :dancingpa

All of the money will be donated to the "I Have Wings" foundation. A very worthy cause that helps ladies with breast cancer in many different ways. From a wig, to a mattress, to meals, to helping them pay their utilities. The foundation is amazing and we are so very lucky to have them to help those during what can be very difficult times.

Thank again to EVERYONE from both teams for making this a wildly successful evening. Thanks girls for playing so hard, it was a very exciting match to watch.

I didn't think it would be possible to sellout Thomas More College, however, they did.

I was told they were not allowing anyone in without a ticket stub showing you were already in the gym prior to the varsity game starting.

The place was simply packed. Great decision to move the game to TMC, it was perfect!

Nice touch with the pregame festivities: speakers, baskets, raffles, the prayer that was read by the NDA player (Schellhaas), etc.. Job well done by all that were involved.

As for the game, I thought both teams played very well, the first two games could have gone either way, I feel the NDA senior leadership was the difference in those games, when points were needed, NDA really relied on them and they came through.

It's a shame both teams won't be able to compete in the state tournament. They are both top 6 teams in the state, in my opinion.

Both teams are in the Fall Classic this weekend at Cincinnati Mercy, so they may meet again this weekend. Does anyone know or have anything with regard to this tournament (teams, times, brackets)?