Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodford County

Featured Replies

Did Coach Mefford step down as the head coach of Woodford Co.? I've heard he resigned in mid-July.

The rumor is true, not sure as to why. He is working in the Franklin County system.

Did he get a principals job?

I don't believe that he left Woodford for a principals job. Everything seems very hushed.

  • Author

Has Woodford named a replacement?

I have not seen it posted anywhere, strange.

Mefford will be working with the Franklin County Public School System. He is a teacher at the Phoenix Academy, which is a credit recovery school in Franklin County High School.

According to my sources (which are pretty good) Woodford is going to hire Gene Kirk on a one year interim basis. I have not seen an official announcement though.

According to my sources (which are pretty good) Woodford is going to hire Gene Kirk on a one year interim basis. I have not seen an official announcement though.

 

Is Kirk an asst. coach at Woodford?

Gene Kirk is former head coach at Woodford Co. He coached at Sayre after retirement for a number of years, but resigned two years ago due to some health issues. I hope that Gene is back to good health and can come back to take this job he had an extreme passion for.

The KHSAA site has Gene Kirk listed as the head coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.