Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rumor - Campbell Co.

Featured Replies

Rumor once again is that Wayne Heringer is out after this season, not sure if this is by choice or if it is forced. I was kind of surprised because they seem to be having a good season.

 

Any word on who they think might replace him?

Bobby Estes will likely put his name in for the job:ylsuper:

Bobby Estes will likely put his name in for the job:ylsuper:

 

I have heard this rumor too :deadhorse::notworthy:

  • Author

I have not heard anything of Estes, but I have heard about it possibly being given to Coach Florimonte or Scott Schweitzer who is currently at Brossart has been mentioned as well.

Wainscott was at Pendleton as the head man, I am guessing he would be in the running for the top job at Campbell.

 

I think that Heringer will be there as long as he wants, especially if they win the 37th this year.

Varsity Assistant Wainscott or JV Head man Florimonte would have to be the main options.

I've also heard Herringer is retiring from coaching baseball, by his own choice, no forcing here. I would say Flo is the main candidate for the head spot. He's got a very dominating presence and the players love him. Wainscott would also be a solid option.

I've also heard Herringer is retiring from coaching baseball, by his own choice, no forcing here. I would say Flo is the main candidate for the head spot. He's got a very dominating presence and the players love him. Wainscott would also be a solid option.

 

If this rumor is true then they had better not let Scweitzer get away if he wants it. I believe that he would love to come back to his old school and coach the baseball team. College and pro experience and would be great for the team and their pitchers.

I've also heard Herringer is retiring from coaching baseball, by his own choice, no forcing here. I would say Flo is the main candidate for the head spot. He's got a very dominating presence and the players love him. Wainscott would also be a solid option.

IF Coach Heringer is out at Campbell County following this season, I would certainly hope that it is by his own choice.

 

Coach Heringer has been nothing but a class act, producing competitive, district and regional contenders on an annual basis. I really believe that he has a grasp on what high school athletics, and baseball in particular is all about.

 

IF this is his final season, I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors, and I hope that whoever replaces him maintains the doughnut sales following each home football game - lol! :thumb:

  • Author

Schweitzer would be a great canidate for the head coaching position, as I think it would be in the schools best intrest to hire him on. He is a teacher within the system, he is a graduate and ex-player from Campbell Co. who played under Tom Mohr, and he has professional playing experience (5 years with the St. Louis Cardinals organization as a pitcher) as well. Brossart parents and players have nothing but great things to say about him and he has contacts all over the state of Kentucky to find these players placement and scholarships at Kentucky colleges (as well as those outside of KY) I cannot believe he has been passed up to begin with It would be a shame to pass him by and have him keep coaching at Brossart. Campbell Co. needs someone to step in who knows the game inside and out and who will be able to help out the program indefinitely and wants nothing but to continue to build up the program like Schweitzer would. And, you never know who he would bring in as his staff, but I'm sure it would be guys who have endless talent and knowledge for the game.

 

Brossart would hate to lose him, but he would be a valuable addition to the Campbell Co. athletic staff and a great coach for the current and future players. In my opinion, there is no other canidate, Schweitzer should be everything that the Campbell Co. program could ever want and ask for.

Those of you pointing at Wainscott......did any of you see his Pendleton teams?????????

Those of you pointing at Wainscott......did any of you see his Pendleton teams?????????

What about them?

I do not think the name calling is necessary. You can get your point across that you do not like him as a human being and coach without that. Honestly if you are going to say he is a horrible human being at least be willing to back it up with specifics.......:cry:

 

If you want specifics, well alright I will give you some. First a coach who takes time off to go play golf instead of having practice is just wrong. Second when practices were very rarley held, the only thing the team did was take batting practice and maybe a little infield if that. He let players sit in the outfield and talk and lay down in the grass without even yelling at them one bit or getting on them. When it comes to the games, his coaching decisions are ones that will make you wonder what in the world is the man thinking. Not only that, but I would be totally shocked if not every team they have played knows the Camels signs. Not only does he make them so obvious, but he only gives them when he wants a player to steal a base or bunt. Other than that he will clap his hand and that is it. Too, Herringer waited until 2 weeks before the season started this year in trying to recieve the baseball pants from the seniors a year ago. There is something wrong with waiting that long. But, The biggest slap in the face though from the coach is last year when he did not have a banquet for the baseball team and showed up at the front door steps to hand the players there stuff and just left. That to me is the biggest slap in the face especially to the seniors who gave him four years of devotion to the Camel Baseball team and help him win another district title. There is your specifics :D

If those things are true then you certainly would change my opinion of him. Mustang refers to him as a class act so I will wait for more info from others. Those things you stated would certainly qualify as not running a program correctly.

If those things are true then you certainly would change my opinion of him. Mustang refers to him as a class act so I will wait for more info from others. Those things you stated would certainly qualify as not running a program correctly.

 

I kid you not, these things are all true! Ask any of his former players, fans, parents or anyone who has followed the baseball team. The majority of them will back this all up.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.