Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State AAU Tourney next weekend

Featured Replies

[/b]

 

Parent of one of the players coaches and that is just a recipe for disaster at this age. Parents have to realize that when their kids reach a certain age they need to go out and compete for playing time and get what they have earned. You can't just start your own team to showcase your kid and not expect knowledgeable basketball people to see right thru it.

 

I agree totally! I feel sorry for the parents and players.:eek:

  • Replies 186
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. You are entitled to your opinion. You know what they say about opinions. Flesch had 18 points against the WKY Elite. Those points came throughout the game. Along with Stauffer's 20 and Vollet and Hodges' 10. Trammel and Allen also tacked on 5 each and Jack Stewart added 2 and Zach Barnett had 1. There are no garbage points in an overtime game agaisnt one of the best teams in the state.

I agree totally! I feel sorry for the parents and players.:eek:

 

Maybe you should let the parents feel sorry for themselves if there is a reason. Has anyone given any thought to the fact that the parents may be alright. Why do the parents need to be felt sorry for? Is there a problem? The way I see it is they have lost a few games agaisnt very good teams. That happens when you draw your talent from from a small area. I realize that some would say that the Bulldogs should go out and get better talent. That is an option, but I think the Bulldogs like the idea that they draw from NKY. They would rather develop players and team chemistry. I realize that may not be the goal for everyone, but liek I said you are entitiled to your opinion.

  • Author

ANYONE who takes time to coach any youth sport team should be commended! It's A LOT work and hassle with little appreciation. If parents think that a coach is using the team just to highlight their own son, well they can take their kid(s) to another team, heck we are looking for a few good replacements for the July recruiting period. Im sure that if they are upset/disappointed they would find their way to another team.

 

Bottom line, Are the players happy?

ANYONE who takes time to coach any youth sport team should be commended! It's A LOT work and hassle with little appreciation. If parents think that a coach is using the team just to highlight their own son, well they can take their kid(s) to another team, heck we are looking for a few good replacements for the July recruiting period. Im sure that if they are upset/disappointed they would find their way to another team.

 

Bottom line, Are the players happy?

 

Thank you. Well said.

I have to correct you "Perfect Practice" it was not "4pointplay" that mentioned Barnett it was "Nothing but the truth". Now lets get real here "Perfect Practice" and "Hanny Manny" are the only ones pumping up Flesch. No knock on Flesch but let the kid earn it. Its easy to put up garbage points at the end of games that are already decided.:sssh:

 

UCon Jack, sounds like you have a personal endeavor. If you look at all my posts from the past, I rep many of the really good players in NKY. Trammel, Pike, Flesch, Brown, Hodges, Stewart, Smith, Barnett, Geisler, Stauffer, and I also include guys like Gilbert, Schuette, Gaines, and Shanklin, Pawsett, Stenzel, and Daniels who are not from NKY. Shall I go on?. My knowledge, especially of the 16's, reaches farther than the bounds of Northern Kentucky. Does yours? You just bash the Bulldogs, sounds like a personal thing. I give props to any AAU players, and/or coaches, and/or organizations that are all about the kids. I try to remain objective and give the players their do.

 

Kudos to the Shining Stars, DSAS, NKY Bulldogs, Team Kentucky, Lexington Ice, WKY Elite, KY Players, Storm, Lightning and any other team and/or organization that wants to help the kids improve their game.

I agree that this team is stacked. Too bad the other more talented players on this team don't get the same opportunities to shine.

 

Funny how you say this team is stacked, but the "more talented" players dont get the same opportunities. Who exactly are you referring to that is more talented than the other players?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.