Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 17 Bishop Brossart 5

Featured Replies

Final in 5 innings. Ugly defensive game for the Mustangs. Krumme, Klein, and Schlagbaum threw for the Colonels. Darner hit an opposite field 3 (?) run HR.

It was RD first of the season and I am sorry I missed it. I also was told that he had 6 rbi's.

 

After watching the Murray State vs SE Missouri games at Murray both today and Friday, I am even more firmly convinced that Luke, Ice, RD, and Nute will all do quite well playing at the next level. Nothing that I saw the young men do today for their colleges, these four young men can't do already (in fact some of the stuff they can already do better). I am even more convinced after today that Ice, RD and Nute should sign with a D1 school and whoever gets any one of these young men will be very happy they have signed them.

 

CovCath is now 8-0 and will play Conner @ Conner on Tuesday.

It was RD first of the season and I am sorry I missed it. I also was told that he had 6 rbi's.

 

After watching the Murray State vs SE Missouri games at Murray both today and Friday, I am even more firmly convinced that Luke, Ice, RD, and Nute will all do quite well playing at the next level. Nothing that I saw the young men do today for their colleges, these four young men can't do already (in fact some of the stuff they can already do better). I am even more convinced after today that Ice, RD and Nute should sign with a D1 school and whoever gets any one of these young men will be very happy they have signed them.

 

CovCath is now 8-0 and will play Conner @ Conner on Tuesday.

 

First they gotta get past McNicholas on Monday :thumb:

First they gotta get past McNicholas on Monday :thumb:

 

Thanks for the Information....:thumb: I just hope it doesn't rain anymore.

Thanks for the Information....:thumb: I just hope it doesn't rain anymore.

 

I'll put my salary on precipitation in the next couple days.

Blue Magic were you at the game today?

 

Yes with a bunch of my friends from Lex. Were all up for the weekend and came to watch the game. Sat behind the backstop and eventually moved to the right field line.

Ouch!

 

Congrats to CovCath!

  • Author
Yes with a bunch of my friends from Lex. Were all up for the weekend and came to watch the game. Sat behind the backstop and eventually moved to the right field line.

 

Well then you were sitting right next to where I was standing. I got there in the bottom of the 1st with my little brother and stood behind homeplate watching the hitters for both teams.

WOW 4 d1 prospects on 1 high school team thats impressive!Should be an easy year for Cov Cath.

WOW 4 d1 prospects on 1 high school team thats impressive!Should be an easy year for Cov Cath.

 

I sense your sarcasm lol. There are not 4 D1 prospects on the team. There are a legit two D1's and then two kids who will be outstanding ball players at a DII, DIII, or NAIA school. Darner and Nutini are great ball players, they simply don't have the size and their level of skill isn't quite to D1 caliber, but they will be standouts at whatever school they choose.

Was not being sarcastic!Haven't seen Cov Cath play just thought it was unusual to have that many D1 prospects on one team.As usual Cov Cath is always good.

Good luck.

I sense your sarcasm lol. There are not 4 D1 prospects on the team. There are a legit two D1's and then two kids who will be outstanding ball players at a DII, DIII, or NAIA school. Darner and Nutini are great ball players, they simply don't have the size and their level of skill isn't quite to D1 caliber, but they will be standouts at whatever school they choose.

 

Oscar I will disagree with the bold, but the size, can't disagree with that statement. Seems all the colege coaches that I have talked with, want kids who are 6'4' and 220 pounds or more.

 

After watching three games this weekend between two D1 OVC Conf schools (and I have seen both of them play summer ball as much as they have played HS ball) Nutini and Darner could and should play D1 college ball.

 

Now am I talking SEC, Big East, or ACC like D1 conf schools? No, but both can play for any team in the OVC, MAC, or other such D1 such conference schools.

Oscar I will disagree with the bold, but the size, can't disagree with that statement. Seems all the colege coaches that I have talked with, want kids who are 6'4' and 220 pounds or more.

 

After watching three games this weekend between two D1 OVC Conf schools (and I have seen both of them play summer ball as much as they have played HS ball) Nutini and Darner could and should play D1 college ball.

 

Now am I talking SEC, Big East, or ACC like D1 conf schools? No, but both can play for any team in the OVC, MAC, or other such D1 such conference schools.

 

I'll give you that. Nutini due to his speed might have a shot, although I've heard it's most DIII and NAIA's looking at him. Darner doesn't have size or speed. He can flat out hit a ball, but that isn't all there is to it as I'm sure you know.

I'll give you that. Nutini due to his speed might have a shot, although I've heard it's most DIII and NAIA's looking at him. Darner doesn't have size or speed. He can flat out hit a ball, but that isn't all there is to it as I'm sure you know.

 

RD doesn't have the speed, again we will agree, but his glove and arm are D1 OVC/MAC type schools quality. Give me a kid who can play third with a arm and glove above average, hit for average and power, and for what ever reason seems to hit better with on base (meaning he knocks in RBI's) and I will take his just average speed any day.

 

As you said, RD can just flat out hit a baseball, and it just isn't this year that he has done this. A lot of folks forget/don't know that RD had 53 hits in 2008 and 13 of those were Doubles. The same amount Maile had as far as hits in 07 and the same amount of doubles as Luke had in 08....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.