Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braylon Edwards to the Giants?

Featured Replies

  • Author
:thumb:

 

Either deal looks like a bargain to me...I'd just prefer to avoid the conditional pick stuff. I think Edwards will have a strong season in NY, if he lands there.

 

I'm sure it would be a conditional 4th or 5th rounder, based on his performance. Maybe even a 6th or 7th rounder.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see this happening....it's reported that Braylon wants Fitzgerald money....problem is, he's no Larry Fitzgerald.

It's hard to say what Edwards is or isn't until he's put in a good situation.

 

The only year the Browns functioned like a real NFL franchise, Edwards posted numbers on par with Fitzgerald.

News on this deal...

 

Some highlights from the article...

 

The Giants are now treating the Edwards trade as dead and are focusing on taking a wide receiver...

 

...the Browns have asked for defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka and a first-round pick. Giants general manager Jerry Reese has told Cleveland that Kiwanuka is a deal breaker.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4091378

 

A first round pick and Kiwanuka? I don't think so. Looks like the Browns weren't interested in dealing Edwards after all. Smart move, IMO, if they want to keep from destroying another first round QB.

  • Author
The Cowboys made a dumb trade.

 

I completely disagree about Edwards. Maybe a 2nd, but no way a 1st.

 

The Giants pick 29th in a fairly weak draft. Giving up the 29th pick is completely worth it to get Braylon Edwards. He's better than anyone they would get at that pick.

  • Author
News on this deal...

 

Some highlights from the article...

 

The Giants are now treating the Edwards trade as dead and are focusing on taking a wide receiver...

 

...the Browns have asked for defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka and a first-round pick. Giants general manager Jerry Reese has told Cleveland that Kiwanuka is a deal breaker.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4091378

 

A first round pick and Kiwanuka? I don't think so. Looks like the Browns weren't interested in dealing Edwards after all. Smart move, IMO, if they want to keep from destroying another first round QB.

 

 

This doesn't actually mean it's dead IMO. Based on what I've heard, whatever you hear around draft time is usually a lie :lol:. The closer we get, the more lies we'll hear. I'd say they will talk again before the Giants first round pick. I still think there's a chance this happens.

 

If the Browns really do want Kiwi and a 1st rounder, then there is absolutely no way it will happen. I doubt it would ever happen even if they just wanted Kiwi...

  • Author
I don't see this happening....it's reported that Braylon wants Fitzgerald money....problem is, he's no Larry Fitzgerald.

 

If he comes to the Giants he won't be getting that kind of money. He'll get paid decent, but not like LF.

I think it's all smoke screens. I think he will be a Giant by Mon myself.

  • Author

The latest I've heard from a "insider" who claims to have sources (I don't believe it right now, but we'll find out today) is that the Giants have agreed to deal their 2nd (their later 2nd round choice), a 4th, and a conditional 2010 draft pick to the Browns for Braylon Edwards. I have no idea how legit this guy is...but like I said, we'll find out soon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.