Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braylon Edwards to the Giants?

Featured Replies

Anyone else think a 1st round pick is too much?

 

Anyways, I don't feel like looking it up, what receivers are thought to be left by the time the G-men pick?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else think a 1st round pick is too much?Anyways, I don't feel like looking it up, what receivers are thought to be left by the time the G-men pick?

 

Not me

  • Author
Anyone else think a 1st round pick is too much?

 

Anyways, I don't feel like looking it up, what receivers are thought to be left by the time the G-men pick?

 

Braylon Edwards has the potential to be a top 5 WR IMO. The Giants pick 29th in the first round so it's darn near a 2nd round pick. I won't mind them giving up a first if it means they keep both of their 2nd round picks. They could package those and move back into the first if they wanted.

 

WR's that might be around when the Giants pick are:

 

Heyward-Bey

Hakeem Nicks

Kenny Britt

Percy Harvin

 

None can come in right away and do what Braylon Edwards would be able to do. I hope the Giants pull the trigger and get Edwards, even if it takes a 1st rounder.

Anyone else think a 1st round pick is too much?

 

Anyways, I don't feel like looking it up, what receivers are thought to be left by the time the G-men pick?

 

Yes. The only WR's worthy of that type of pick are AJ, Fitzgerald, and maybe Randy Moss.

  • Author
Yes. The only WR's worthy of that type of pick are AJ, Fitzgerald, and maybe Randy Moss.

 

The Cowboys gave up a 1st, 3rd and a 5th (I believe) for Roy Williams. Braylon Edwards is worth a 1st and 5th himself.

 

Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald are probably worth two first rounders right now.

The Cowboys gave up a 1st, 3rd and a 5th (I believe) for Roy Williams. Braylon Edwards is worth a 1st and 5th himself.

 

Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald are probably worth two first rounders right now.

 

The Cowboys made a dumb trade.

 

I completely disagree about Edwards. Maybe a 2nd, but no way a 1st.

Braylon Edwards has the potential to be a top 5 WR IMO. The Giants pick 29th in the first round so it's darn near a 2nd round pick. I won't mind them giving up a first if it means they keep both of their 2nd round picks. They could package those and move back into the first if they wanted.

 

WR's that might be around when the Giants pick are:

 

Heyward-Bey

Hakeem Nicks

Kenny Britt

Percy Harvin

 

None can come in right away and do what Braylon Edwards would be able to do. I hope the Giants pull the trigger and get Edwards, even if it takes a 1st rounder.

 

:thumb:

 

Braylon Edwards is worth a 1 for the Giants based on where they pick and his potential. They can not draft a receiver with higher potential at that point consider Braylon has been in the league and has had some success. The Giants have two seconds to fill out other positions.

 

I would prefer giving up the 2, but if it takes a one to get Edwards, I would do it in a heartbeat if I were Jerry Reese.

I'm with HB. I think that's a bargain for the Giants.

 

80 Receptions

1289 Yards (16.1 per catch)

16 TD

 

That's what Edwards is capable of when he's healthy and has a functional team around him. That's what he'll have in NY. Anyone who thinks that isn't worth the 29th overall pick is nuts.

 

For comparison, Burress best season in NY...

 

70 Rec

1025 Yards (14.6 per catch)

12 TD

 

His career highs in NY...76 receptions, 1214 Yards, 16.0 per catch, 12 TD.

 

The consensus was the Giants couldn't win without Burress. So, they replace him with a guy who has more upside and a better attitude. This team is built to win now...if you have the opportunity to land a stud WR for the 29th pick, you take it, because you might win another Super Bowl now.

  • Author

Rumors continue to swirl on Giants message boards that the deal is all but done...we'll find out how good the "insiders" are around the Giants message boards.

I don't understand it from the Browns perspective, but it makes a lot of sense for the Giants.

 

I think getting Braylon Edwards for the #29 overall pick and a 5th rounder is a steal. Plus, it will move him back up my fantasy board.

  • Author

Based on what I heard, the current deal on the table is for a 2nd, 4th, and a conditional pick next year. Who knows though...

Based on what I heard, the current deal on the table is for a 2nd, 4th, and a conditional pick next year. Who knows though...

 

It's still worth it, but I'd almost rather give up the 1st and 5th and keep the extra pick.

  • Author
It's still worth it, but I'd almost rather give up the 1st and 5th and keep the extra pick.

 

The Giants have 10 draft picks this year, including a 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7. They can afford to get rid of a couple of picks :lol:.

 

They have 5 picks in the top 100.

  • Author

*They might have two 4th's, and not two 3rd's...I'm not sure.

The Giants have 10 draft picks this year, including a 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7. They can afford to get rid of a couple of picks :lol:.

 

They have 5 picks in the top 100.

 

:thumb:

 

Either deal looks like a bargain to me...I'd just prefer to avoid the conditional pick stuff. I think Edwards will have a strong season in NY, if he lands there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.