April 10, 200917 yr It's great that he was out there dominating again. Just hope he is here all year.
April 10, 200917 yr I would trade Ankiel or Duncan before Ludwick. Yeah I agree I feel like Ludwick is the most reliable. I think we would get more for Ankiel if it was between him and Duncan.
April 11, 200917 yr Author BY Rick Hummel ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH 04/11/2009 It was not so much that Cardinals righthander Joel Piñeiro won just seven games last year. It was that he squandered a dozen or so other leads, games that often became losses for a beleagured-enough Cardinals bullpen that had to work far too many innings when he started. Piñeiro, who was bothered by a couple of ailments, averaged under six innings a start and even was lifted briefly from the rotation. But this spring Piñeiro, after getting over being left off the Puerto Rican team for the World Baseball Classic, reeled off six strong outings, giving up only four earned runs. On Friday night at chilly Busch Stadium, he made his sinkerball do the walking. In the first six innings Piñeiro recorded 13 ground-ball outs, including two double plays adroitly pivoted by neophyte second baseman Skip Schumaker, and Ryan Ludwick provided most of the heavy lifting with a run-scoring double and a solo home run as the Cardinals beat the Houston Astros 5-3. [/url] Read More
April 11, 200917 yr Author Yeah I agree I feel like Ludwick is the most reliable. I think we would get more for Ankiel if it was between him and Duncan. That is what I was thinking.
April 11, 200917 yr Author WOW 7 rbi's for Pujols. 2 HR's, a Grand Slam and a 3 run job. They were both shots weren't they? :banana:
April 12, 200917 yr Author HAHA the 2nd was like a slap swing. :lol: In honor of the Blues making the playoffs lets call it a slap shot. :thumb:
April 12, 200917 yr Author Here's the grand slam. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090411&content_id=4223500&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
April 12, 200917 yr Author Cardinals sweep the series with Astros with a 3-0 victory today. Kyle Lohse pitches a complete game 3 hit shut out.
April 13, 200917 yr Cardinals sweep the series with Astros with a 3-0 victory today. Kyle Lohse pitches a complete game 3 hit shut out. Retired 24 batters straight :ylsuper:
April 13, 200917 yr Author Retired 24 batters straight :ylsuper: He pitched a great game. They face the D-Backs next in Arizona.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.