April 7, 200917 yr ST. LOUIS -- On Monday at Busch Stadium, familiarity assuredly bred contempt. A too-short outing by a starting pitcher, too many men left on base and ninth-inning struggles added up to a 6-4 Cardinals loss to the Pirates on Opening Day. Read More
April 7, 200917 yr I am not too worried about it. They hit the ball hard all day and hopefully they will have Glaus start of June. It was cold and wet and I don't think Wainwright will walk 5 batters again. I am worried about the closer spot, 0-2 count you have to put that batter away. I guess thats what you get when you don't spend money.
April 8, 200917 yr What's wrong with Ludwick? He hit a dinger the 1st game. I have him strating CF on my fantasy team and saw he might be out of the lineup tonight?
April 8, 200917 yr What's wrong with Ludwick? He hit a dinger the 1st game. I have him strating CF on my fantasy team and saw he might be out of the lineup tonight? I think they wanted to get Rasmus in, and he went 2-4 tonight. If all of them continue to hit they will have one to trade and get some pitching.
April 8, 200917 yr Pujols hit a bomb tonight. Duncan and Molina hit HR's too. The whole lineup hit very well tonight. Lohse goes 7 innings and gives up 2 ER.
April 8, 200917 yr Author ST. LOUIS -- Consider it a do-over. The Cardinals did nearly everything right in the second game of their 2009 season, riding a barrage of extra-base hits and a quality starting pitching performance to a 9-3 win over the Pirates at Busch Stadium on Tuesday. St. Louis avoided what would have been its second 0-2 start in three years and erased some of the ugly memories of a frustrating Opening Day loss. Read More
April 8, 200917 yr Author If they find a good closer I think they'll have a shot at winning the divison.
April 9, 200917 yr Ludwick now has a dinger in both games played. He flew under the radar last year with a 100+Run 30+HR 100+RBI season. That is bigtime! He doesn't get much pub though.l
April 9, 200917 yr Author Carp going 7 innings 1 hit no ER. He is back! That's why I picked him in our fantasy league. He was pitching great during spring training!!! :banana::dancingpa:banana:
April 9, 200917 yr Author They should trade Ankiel, Ludwick or Duncan to get a good closer. I would trade Ankiel or Duncan before Ludwick.
April 10, 200917 yr Author ST. LOUIS -- Chris Carpenter waited 898 days for what he finally found Thursday. It wasn't just the "W" next to his name as the winning pitcher for the first time since the 2006 World Series. It was how he earned that victory, with blistering stuff, exceptional command and the same mound presence and competitiveness that helped make him a Cy Young Award winner in '05. Carpenter had pitched in five Major League games since that Oct. 24 night, but not like he pitched Thursday afternoon. Read More
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.