Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NDA Volleyball Coach

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Do we know for sure that this is true?

 

Yes. Coach Woolf will not be returning to ND and the other coaches have been notified.

One has to believe that all involved (AD, Administration and the coaches of NDA) have the best interest of the girls and the future of the program at heart when making decisions of this nature. Maybe when details are released this will make more sense to everyone.

 

In the meantime, I find it interesting (and sort of sad) to see comments like "classless", "bush league", "unprofessional", "insane", etc. when so few true facts are available. It feels a little harsh towards NDA. We can only hope that the right things are being done for the right reasons.

One has to believe that all involved (AD, Administration and the coaches of NDA) have the best interest of the girls and the future of the program at heart when making decisions of this nature. Maybe when details are released this will make more sense to everyone.

 

You may believe this, but I certainly don't.

My daughter has had the priviledge of playing for Coach Woolf and she is truely a professional and if this is true what a shame. If this is true what a revolving door the volleyball head coach position has become at NDA.

  • Author

Rumors turn to facts. Word has it ND Volleyball called a players meeting yesterday and introduced Andrea Lanham as Head coach and Matt Long as Assistant. Reason given was practice/schedule conflicts.

How bizzare. Veteran coach with a top notch reputation not brought back due to practice conflicts??? Replaced by a 23 year old, ND alum?

Could this have been handled any worse?

Rumors turn to facts. Word has it ND Volleyball called a players meeting yesterday and introduced Andrea Lanham as Head coach and Matt Long as Assistant. Reason given was practice/schedule conflicts.

How bizzare. Veteran coach with a top notch reputation not brought back due to practice conflicts??? Replaced by a 23 year old, ND alum?

Could this have been handled any worse?

 

That was the reason given? I'm trying to picture CCH telling Coach Krumps or NCC telling Ron Dawn that he is being replaced because he can't get to practice until 5:00.

 

Of course when the girls freshman team has to sometimes practice later at night AFTER a boys grade school b-ball team I'm not exactly stunned.

  • Author
That was the reason given? I'm trying to picture CCH telling Coach Krumps or NCC telling Ron Dawn that he is being replaced because he can't get to practice until 5:00.

 

Of course when the girls freshman team has to sometimes practice later at night AFTER a boys grade school b-ball team I'm not exactly stunned.

 

Other way around. New coach and assistant couldn't practice until later but I know what you mean. Crazy.

IMO the whole situation is suspect, and utterly ridiculous. I've lost respect for the NDA program due to the way this was handled.

I'm suprised that the roles are not reversed. Long as head coach and Lanham as assistant, but I'm sure NDA has their reasons.

I'm suprised that the roles are not reversed. Long as head coach and Lanham as assistant, but I'm sure NDA has their reasons.

 

 

Wonder what that could be.........:ohbrother:

So to believe the charges made in this thread am I correct to assume that Coach Wolfe said she would NOT practice later so that her assistants could make it?

  • Author
So to believe the charges made in this thread am I correct to assume that Coach Wolfe said she would NOT practice later so that her assistants could make it?

 

From my understanding Coach Woolf needed to practice right after school. The other two said they couldn't so the AD made the decision to keep the two Assistants??? I was told by a ND players parent that at the players meeting last week they were told due to scheduling conflicts they were going with Coach Lanham, with Coach Long as the assistant (by the way Coach Woolf brought in Coach Long to fill in during the leave of absence). They also told the players that the practice time was going to be later, I can't remember exactly what they said but something like 5:00 or 5:30 start.

 

This whole thing is very suspect from AD on down, IMO. Take over a program that has been down a bit (not going to State 3 years in a row is a big deal for ND) and in your 1st year 07 take them to State Runner-up (Kind of proves you can do the job, don't you think). Have to take a medical leave early in 08 season as obviously approved by AD and school. Ready to return in 09, then AD chooses your assistants over you due to practice time conflicts.

What a thank you to Coach Woolf. The only true professional in all of this.

NDA had a very favorable draw in the 2007 State Tournament. They did not have to face a Louisville team until the finals. The players NDA has year in and year out would really have to struggle to lose to any other team outside of Louisville. I don't know how much credit the coaching staff deserves for the recent success of the program. There is alot of talented players there.

From my understanding Coach Woolf needed to practice right after school. The other two said they couldn't so the AD made the decision to keep the two Assistants??? I was told by a ND players parent that at the players meeting last week they were told due to scheduling conflicts they were going with Coach Lanham, with Coach Long as the assistant (by the way Coach Woolf brought in Coach Long to fill in during the leave of absence). They also told the players that the practice time was going to be later, I can't remember exactly what they said but something like 5:00 or 5:30 start.

 

T.

 

So if she couldn't make it to practice how was she going to make it to games?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.