NDA Volleyball Coach

NDA had a very favorable draw in the 2007 State Tournament. They did not have to face a Louisville team until the finals. The players NDA has year in and year out would really have to struggle to lose to any other team outside of Louisville. I don't know how much credit the coaching staff deserves for the recent success of the program. There is alot of talented players there.

Well in 2004, 2005 & 2006 NDA lost and didn't get past N KY to make it to State!!!!

Coaching is truly a thankless job

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if she couldn't make it to practice how was she going to make it to games?

Well from reading the entire thread and making some assumptions. I'd say on practice days Coach Woolf being a teacher wanted to practice right after school for obvious family reasons because any coach especially a veteran one knows what game days involve.

If a teacher that is coach doesn't practice right after school then they are drastically splitting up their day and family time.

I would have to believe that 95% or more of all varsity teams practice right after school and this is no different than NDA has done in the past either including last season.

Well from reading the entire thread and making some assumptions. I'd say on practice days Coach Woolf being a teacher wanted to practice right after school for obvious family reasons because any coach especially a veteran one knows what game days involve.

If a teacher that is coach doesn't practice right after school then they are drastically splitting up their day and family time.

I would have to believe that 95% or more of all varsity teams practice right after school and this is no different than NDA has done in the past either including last season.

Thanks. So its not a case of "not being able to" but , rather, "not wanting to practice at night" to minimize nights away from the family.

Do most high schools practice right after school?

Well in 2004, 2005 & 2006 NDA lost and didn't get past N KY to make it to State!!!!

Coaching is truly a thankless job

EXACTLY!! She took a team back to state after a 3 year break. And easy or hard bracket, they still made it to the finals. That's a whole lot farther than they had been the three years when they were at home while SHDHS played in the state tournament.

I rarely (maybe never have) given any opinions on this site but this one I have to weigh in on.....I think what we all need to remember is that Coach Woolf is and has been a great coach in NKY for many years. I have coached against her as well as with her, and she works her team as hard if not harder than any coach in Northern Kentucky. She is still one of the most respected coaches in Northern Kentucky, regardless of whether or not she coaches at NDA.

In my opinion, we should end the discussion now and let her get past the events that have transpired over the last couple weeks. She didn't ask for this decision to be made and she certainly didn't ask to have her coaching questioned by all of us over and over. I understand that people will want to talk about the future of NDA volleyball but maybe we could let the past die on here for a while.

I heard last night that Coach Woolf was still suffering from her medical condition that forced her to take a leave last year and that is why NDA is going in this direction.

Coach Woolf's health has thankfully rebounded and that is not a factor.