NDA Volleyball Coach

ND set to announce they are replacing a proven veteran High School volleyball Coach Jen Woolf (that took a medical leave of absence early in the 09 season) with 09 interim coach, 23 year old Andrea Lanham.

After being set to return to the sidelines as Head Coach for the 2010 season she was informed they were going in a another direction. Terrible way to treat someone that took over your program in 08 leading ND to their 1st 9th Region title in 3 years and State Runner-up.

Terrible way to treat anyone??????????????????????????? "No class", move IMO.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND set to announce they are replacing a proven veteran High School volleyball Coach Jen Woolf (that took a medical leave of absence early in the 09 season) with 09 interim coach, 23 year old Andrea Lanham.

After being set to return to the sidelines as Head Coach for the 2010 season she was informed they were going in a another direction. Terrible way to treat someone that took over your program in 08 leading ND to their 1st 9th Region title in 3 years and State Runner-up.

Terrible way to treat anyone??????????????????????????? "No class", move IMO.

Shame on Notre Dame. No way to treat someone. Taking a medical leave of absence is not stepping down. It is a leave of absence, ND AD had to agree to it??? then backs out????

I had heard this as well, which was why I started a thread about the NDA coaching situation a couple of weeks ago. I would like to know the reason they gave Coach Woolf as well. Pretty classless move on the part of NDA.

While it may be a case of splitting hairs I'd say any decision made like this is all on the AD.

I had heard this as well, which was why I started a thread about the NDA coaching situation a couple of weeks ago. I would like to know the reason they gave Coach Woolf as well. Pretty classless move on the part of NDA.

That was not the rumor I heard going around a couple of weeks ago. I heard it was going to be Woolf with Lanham and Long as assistants??

What was the reason given to Coach Woolf?

Practice time issues is what I am hearing. Evidently Lanham and Long couldn't practice right after school (not teachers). Coach Woolf needs to practice right after school for family reasons.

So they're going to get rid of the head coach, who should be setting the practice schedules anyway, because the 2 assistants can't practice after school??? That sounds a bit insane, and I'm thinking there must be more to this than anyone is aware of.

So they're going to get rid of the head coach, who should be setting the practice schedules anyway, because the 2 assistants can't practice after school??? That sounds a bit insane, and I'm thinking there must be more to this than anyone is aware of.

This whole thing is bizzare and seems very unprofessional. I guess we will see if ND's practice this fall is at 5:00 or 6:00. I can't imagine the players would like a later practice. Get out of school go home try to do a little homework then comeback, practice til 7:00 or 8:00 then run home eat and try to finish up homework. Seems practice after school is better for the kids to me. I know it has to be easier on them. They have a tough enough time on game days handling school work.

That is what I was told. Could there have been some undermining going on???

I wonder. Very bush league handling of this

Not to mention picking their own assistants???

Yeah, it would appear that there has definitely been SOMETHING going on here. It's a shame, and I hope more details come out to clarify the situation. This has been handled very poorly, and if this is the case, ND (whether the AD or whomever) should be ashamed.