March 25, 200917 yr -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All this fuss over who the next coach is at UK is crazy. Just two years ago everyone was excited about this guy from Texas. He is a great recruiter. He plays a fast pace. He lives and breathes the game. He will bring us back to a place we loved the 90’s!!!! Now two years later everyone is ticked off at him for being in the NIT. But the say it isn’t the NIT that has us upset, it’s the way he acts. We don’t like the way he treats the MEDIA. We don’t like the way he treats the callers on the call in show. I for one think he is a JERK. But he isn’t someone that I would hang out with. That doesn't mean he should be fired. He was hired at UK for one reason and one reason only, to WIN Championships. Not to play nice to the media and not to put up with folks calling in making suggestions on what he needs to be doing as the coach. Tell me what contract would you want a UK coach to sign? Contract 1 Win a national Championship every 4 years. Win a SEC Championship every year. Recruit the best players that are also quality kids in the class room. Don’t get arrested and humiliate the University. Contract 2 Don’t be a jerk to the media Treat the fans that call in with soft gloves Never go to the NIT tourney. Don’t get arrested and humiliate the University. Winning solves all the problems. I have to agree with Billy Clyde. It isn’t his job to be friendly and have people like him. His job is Basketball Coach not University President. Standing O! I don't think this is a fair evaluation. Tubby, and now BCG are the only coaches that have coached through this 24/7 everything has to be done now society. I have often heard that Rupp's comments after the game went to the effect after a win, 'the boys went out their and executed what I taught them. After a loss "the boys didn't execute my game plan like they should have." How do you think that Rupp would have handled Billy Bob calling in asking him why Landon Slone doesn't get more minutes, or why doesn't he play zone. I am sure that BCG would like to respond, "how in the world at the University of Kentucky, do Porter, Harris, and Stephenson all get offered a scholarship in the same year." Write on the Money!!!
March 25, 200917 yr Give the man another year or two, his first year, he really did not receive the greatest amount of time to recruit, so really he only has one true class, his frosh, that he recruited. Again it’s been beaten to death but hard to win with only two players! PS. Please just play a little zone, or just fake me out and make me think you’re playing zone, it would make me feel better!! PPS. I wish sometimes he would play alittle up-tempo, maybe he is waiting for more depth!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.