Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU Grade Exceptions???

Featured Replies

AAU now lists a Division III National Tournament on their national website. I read through the new rules and I can't find anything about this division and if it has different qualifications. Anybody know anything about it?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone who spent A LOT of time at AAU tournaments......I feel compelled to weigh in here. There is a huge difference in maturity/development between age groups. I am not opposed to the "grade exemption" per se, but let's call it what it is........a competetive edge. Three per team is more than half the players on the floor for a team and creates a disparity (I know not all exemption are stars, I get it) But if the intent is to allow kids to participate with others in their grade regardless of being "held back" is there really three in a given school or community? We have all seen the abuses and my question is how often do the top teams NOT have three exemptions? Yeah I know there are some, but not many. Bottom line, I get the need for exemptions but three on one team in B-ball isn't necessary.....it's just ego.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.