Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th region draw

Featured Replies

How are things at Henry County in regards to the construction? Somebody told me the other day it was still going on. Should we bring 4 wheel Drives, wear our hunting boots to track through the mud and our GPS's to find the front door? Kidding aside, the only downer last year was a little effect on the parking and finding the entrance. It really wasn't bad and the administration did a nice job of minimizing the effect on hoop fans.

 

The crew has been working night and day and last I heard the gym part will be completely open. They are going to add entrances to the front like old times so the toop corners are not blocked off. I would say parking will still be a little rough but the gym should be ready to go...at least thats what I was told. But as we have talked about before schedules dont always work out the way they are supposed to.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the South and North game. Would of loved to watch it. Do you know if Kraemer will be playing in the tournament?

 

Who do you have coming out of the top bracket Colonel?

 

Kraemer will be playing in the region.

 

Wow...loaded question. I like Owen, Grant, North, and Anderson all to some degree. On the right night, any of these four could be in the final. But if I listen to my head, it says that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Anderson has plenty of offensive firepower - but nobody I've seen in the 8th - and I've seen all four of these teams - plays defense like Anderson. They play defense like you've insulted their mothers; with a chip on their shoulder. And with Humphries back, they have the ability to let Penny roam more out on the floor while playing defense, leaving the interior to Humphries and Russell...scary. Anderson may or may not win the region...but I have to pick them in the top bracket.

Kraemer will be playing in the region.

 

Wow...loaded question. I like Owen, Grant, North, and Anderson all to some degree. On the right night, any of these four could be in the final. But if I listen to my head, it says that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Anderson has plenty of offensive firepower - but nobody I've seen in the 8th - and I've seen all four of these teams - plays defense like Anderson. They play defense like you've insulted their mothers; with a chip on their shoulder. And with Humphries back, they have the ability to let Penny roam more out on the floor while playing defense, leaving the interior to Humphries and Russell...scary. Anderson may or may not win the region...but I have to pick them in the top bracket.

 

:thumb: CJ deserves a trip to Rupp.

One and out for SK :ohbrother:

 

Yea...they said the same thing about the football team too, all the way to the state championship game....:laugh:

I would not count SK out of that Shelby game just yet. Steiner will have his team well-prepared.

 

...only lost by what, 4 at their last meeting? SK has gelled at the right time.:ylsuper:

  • Author

Colonel Mike you should like Henry's chances as well then, their defense is giving up 46 points per game, which is top 10 in the state? That is how they have won games, will it be good enought to stop the firepower of South?

Yea...they said the same thing about the football team too, all the way to the state championship game....:laugh:

 

Let's just hope if SK gets to a championship game, its not a 42-0 blowout....

Colonel Mike you should like Henry's chances as well then, their defense is giving up 46 points per game, which is top 10 in the state? That is how they have won games, will it be good enought to stop the firepower of South?

 

I like Coach Holland and have a great deal of respect for what he's done in New Castle. HC has a lot to be proud of this year, and they've proven they don't flinch at crunch time. Some are calling them "lucky" this year, and perhaps they are...but "poised" is the word most coaches would probably use.

 

But Henry's only played one top-tier team all season, and Shelby Valley pretty much had their way with them in the State All-A. Sure, Shelby Valley only scored 53, but from what I'm told about the game, SV pretty much called off the dogs in the first half. I'm not real sure just how good the HC defense truly is. We'll all find out in the 8th.

 

But SV also pretty much handled South. South impressed the heck out of me in the 29th district, doing things I frankly didn't think they could do. And beating North - soundly, despite the final deceptive three point margin - without Kraemer was an eye-opener. The Dragons are playing very well now. So much for creeping in "under the radar"...

 

I like South in this game, but the Dragons are not a lock. They have to shoot well, and the game's on the HC floor. If I remember correctly, the last time South set foot on the Henry floor to play the Wildcats was two years ago in a regular season game, and they went home with a loss. Should be a fun game to watch.

 

The challenge for Henry will be to always find the South shooters...which is everyone on the floor. Even center Chris Schumm is a strong shooter from beyond the arc, and Casey Jackson is just obscenely good at just under 50%. South has to match Henry's toughness - both mentally and physically.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.