Newport Central Catholic 51 Highlands 45

NCC06

One word for Highlands play, soft. They were outhustled, outplayed and outcoached this evening.

As for the selfishness, I believe that it begins in the stands with the parents. I honestly cannot believe some of the stuff that I hear coming out of the stands. This is a team sport and the parents, players and coaches need to understand that or they will be packing it in early again this year.I would like to know why Hope Cutter did not get more minutes on the floor this evening. Thought she was there best player tonight on the offensive end and Mallory Adler did a very good job on Sandfoss.

I have mentoned this all year and have constantly been criticized on here as trying to cause internal discent. I'm glad someone else recoginizes the "White Elephant" in the room that everyone wants to ignore.

With all due respect to Highlands, anything other than the 9th Region Championship to NDA, Boone and NCC would be considered a major disappointment too. Lace em up and let's get it on!

That says it all. Talk is cheap, lets play and see who wins.

Speaking of playing time.....Why was Messmer not out there more? By far one of their better defenders I think. Lots of turn overs by the Bluebirds. Nice job to the Breds on offense!

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

When it finally gets down to the lose-one-and-done time of the season, it's not uncommon for the "best" team to come out on the short end of the stick. The team that survives the three region games must - at this very time - be hot, healthy and have a bit of luck to get to Diddle, and that pretty much means having their mojo. The trouble is that the only way to really know is after the fact, using our marvelous 20/20 hindsight.

Edited by retropop
typos