Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel 94 Redbird 37

Featured Replies

Red Bird is definitely a young team and has a bright future if all the kids stay at Red Bird.

Does anyone know if Coach Parrot is still assistant at North?

  • Author
Red Bird is definitely a young team and has a bright future if all the kids stay at Red Bird.

Does anyone know if Coach Parrot is still assistant at North?

 

I agree. John D Wilson is probably one of the most underrated coaches in the state. He gets the most out of his kids and in the future, this young group will be tough.

 

Greg Parrot is still an assistant at North. Great guy and I know they are glad to have him!

I agree. John D Wilson is probably one of the most underrated coaches in the state. He gets the most out of his kids and in the future, this young group will be tough.

 

Greg Parrot is still an assistant at North. Great guy and I know they are glad to have him!

 

 

:thumb::thumb:

 

Parrot was coach at Owsley pulling of an upset in the district as #4 seed beating Lee first game at a #1 seed. They didn't have the best record for the season but imo with his system, tenacious practices and time to get his system in(which he left Owsley after one year) he will be a good head coach for boys' basketball as he was in girls at Jackson County. North Laurel is a great place to do it.:D

I agree Coach Wilson is a top level coach and gets everything out of his players, he got everything out of this team as well. I don't see them ever being tough unless they add several better players. How is OBI's gym size holding up for the fans?

  • Author
I agree Coach Wilson is a top level coach and gets everything out of his players, he got everything out of this team as well. I don't see them ever being tough unless they add several better players. How is OBI's gym size holding up for the fans?

 

I'm not sure. I haven't been able to go to any of the games. I would think it is pretty tight.

I agree Coach Wilson is a top level coach and gets everything out of his players, he got everything out of this team as well. I don't see them ever being tough unless they add several better players. How is OBI's gym size holding up for the fans?

 

Most of red Bird's starters are 8th and 9th Graders. I was told they didn't have middle school team this year due to all the players were playing so much JV and Varsity time.

You guys are seeing something that I'm not seeing. I've watched Red Bird a couple if times this season, and I don't see them being tough in a LONG time. They might be young, but they have no size and do not in any way resemble Red Bird teams I've seen in the past 13 years. It's really going to be hard for them to compete unless they get some other players come in. Now I will say this, the kids that are playing are giving 120 percent and don't know the word quit. I was at the Lynn Camp/Red Bird last week and Coach Wilson was teaching the game to his players even when they were losing by 40. The guy is a class act and a great coach and teacher.

You guys are seeing something that I'm not seeing. I've watched Red Bird a couple if times this season, and I don't see them being tough in a LONG time. They might be young, but they have no size and do not in any way resemble Red Bird teams I've seen in the past 13 years. It's really going to be hard for them to compete unless they get some other players come in. Now I will say this, the kids that are playing are giving 120 percent and don't know the word quit. I was at the Lynn Camp/Red Bird last week and Coach Wilson was teaching the game to his players even when they were losing by 40. The guy is a class act and a great coach and teacher.

 

All I said is that they have a bright future. I never commented on Coach Wilson and his coaching, thats all I am going to say about that. All I wanted to say was that anytime there are that many young players on a team playing against varsity competition and play that hard the entire game then they have to be alright in the future. I agree though he coaches no matter what the score is.

  • Author
All I said is that they have a bright future. I never commented on Coach Wilson and his coaching, thats all I am going to say about that. All I wanted to say was that anytime there are that many young players on a team playing against varsity competition and play that hard the entire game then they have to be alright in the future. I agree though he coaches no matter what the score is.

 

:thumb:

I agree with Les. Red Bird will get better, but I don't see them getting back to where they were unless they add some players.

 

John D. Wilson is one of the best though, and one of the greatest people I've ever been around. I was lucky to be a student of his several years ago.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.