Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lewis County 66 Raceland 58

Featured Replies

Did Tyler make the shot?

 

I don't think he made that one! He did make some though. That's one of those shots you take when you're feeling it, and you hope your coach understands. :D

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lewis had more fans than Raceland, I heard one admin. from raceland say "its a good thing Lewis brought fans". I was disappointed in the other 3 teams fans as far as numbers go.

 

I knew Lewis had a lot of fans there. I thought there was a pretty good crowd there for the first game when fans from all four teams were there. It was pretty full then. I know there wasn't any parking left except for maybe around back. Plus most of the district teams had somewhat disappointing seasons for the most part. That probably kept the crowd down a little. But the Lewis crowd was most impressive. They were loud the whole game and you could tell they came up there to win. Made a good atmosphere for the game.

I don't think he made that one! He did make some though. That's one of those shots you take when you're feeling it, and you hope your coach understands. :D

 

You betcha!

Great win for the Lions. Coach Hampton had the Lions well prepared for this game. Good luck against Russell.

Congrats to Coach Hampton and the Lewis County Lions. Good luck in the championship.

Congrats to Coach Hampton and the Lions and good luck in the finals and in the region. A big thank you to both teams fans on here, as this is the first thread I have read tonight that does not criticize the refs from either side. Boyles is a great player and fun to watch, good luck to him in the future. Coach Floyd will be back in the hunt in years to come!:thumb:

 

Congratulations to Lewis and good luck for the rest of your extended season.:thumb:

 

I'm also impressed that this thread contains no bickering or criticism.

 

Maybe from now on, there should be two threads started for each game?

 

1. School "A" 66, School "B" 58

 

and then,

 

2. Everything that was crappy about the refs, coaches, players, fans and venue from School "A" 66, School "B" 58.

:p

Congratulations to Lewis County, their players played hard and got what they deserved - a win.

 

I enjoyed watching the game, a good all around game. Good intensity, and good competition.

 

I wish to thank Tyler Boyles and Todd Selvage, the only seniors on the Raceland team. This was Todd's first season playing basketball, and he settled into his role and helped the team throughout the season. Todd also played football and excelled on the gridiron. Tyler, as well as on the football field, was a joy to watch and always played hard and contributed in any and all ways. Good luck to both in like after high school, I am sure they both will do well in life.

Congrats Lewis Lions!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From the other Lions den!

Congrats to the Lions. I was off on my prediciton. Does anyone have stats for the game? Or can you take a guess at the point totals for the individuals from both teams?

Those are some great pics bluegrasswill. If you have more, I'd love to see them. Maybe you can pm them to me.

  • Author

 

I wish to thank Tyler Boyles and Todd Selvage, the only seniors on the Raceland team. This was Todd's first season playing basketball, and he settled into his role and helped the team throughout the season. Todd also played football and excelled on the gridiron. Tyler, as well as on the football field, was a joy to watch and always played hard and contributed in any and all ways. Good luck to both in like after high school, I am sure they both will do well in life.

 

:thumb::thumb: Great post Ram, Tyler and Todd will be a sucsess in life as they have been on the football field, baseball diamond, basketball court, track or wherever else they may have been. These two are also good kids and good citizens in and out of the classroom or on and of the field. Both are Winners in every sense of the word!

Congrats to the Lions. I was off on my prediciton. Does anyone have stats for the game? Or can you take a guess at the point totals for the individuals from both teams?

 

Thompson for Lewis played very well, had 27 pts and 12 rebs. Smith had 19 pts and played well. Cropper had a good game and hit a couple 3's and finished with 9 pts. Pruitt done a good job of playing D on Boyles, he made some tough shots and had 20+ but on 8-21 from the field, Boyles kept them in the game as he is an outstanding player, Lewis had a great game plan and made Boyles work hard for everything he got.

Thompson for Lewis played very well, had 27 pts and 12 rebs. Smith had 19 pts and played well. Cropper had a good game and hit a couple 3's and finished with 9 pts. Pruitt done a good job of playing D on Boyles, he made some tough shots and had 20+ but on 8-21 from the field, Boyles kept them in the game as he is an outstanding player, Lewis had a great game plan and made Boyles work hard for everything he got.

 

Thanks. Did the Lions play a box-and-1 on Boyles or did they play mostly straight up man? I think when the 2 teams met earlier in the season a box-and-1 was played most of the game.

Thanks. Did the Lions play a box-and-1 on Boyles or did they play mostly straight up man? I think when the 2 teams met earlier in the season a box-and-1 was played most of the game.

 

M2M was played with some adjustments, not to guard some outside the paint, help off on Boyles, make some go left, some put on the floor.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.