Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3,000 Points

Featured Replies

First off I want to say congrats to Ferguson for scoring over 3,000 points in his career. I am a huge fan of his and wish him the best as his career continues. I was looking at the all time scoring leaders on the KHSAA website and noticed some things that I thought were interesting.

 

The 11th region only has one player to ever score 3,000 points in a career, that was Julius Berry of Paul Dunbar and he scored exactly 3,000 points. Also only one player from the 7th region has scored 3,000 points or more, that was Manual Forrest with 3,226 points. Its hard to tell which region has the most because some of the schools dont exist anymore.

 

Just interesting to me that the two toughest regions in the state year in and year out only have two 3,000 scorers all time. I guess it goes to show that its just harder to score against tougher competition, no suprise to anyone I am sure. Also, most kids at smaller schools play more minutes earlier in their caeers then those at big schools, some even play as middle schoolers. So I guess my question is who is the best high school basketball player ever in Kentucky?

That would be King Kelly Coleman.

  • Author

Could he score like that now though?

Could he score like that now though?

 

Im sure he couldn't.

 

Many great athletes from today could not step back in that era and be as effective due to the way the game was called and played. I like to judge the best ever in any sport by how they dominated their era.

 

There is no question that athleticism overall, has grown tremendously over the years in all sports.

None of the players from today could have played with King Kelly Coleman !

 

 

The first time they put a shot up past the free throw line they would have been benched for life !:lol:

I don't care what the strength of your region is. To score over 3000 is a tremendous acomplishment.

IMO, Ferguson is one of the most prolific SCORERS in state history. His numbers support that statement regardless of what region he plays in.

I don't care what the strength of your region is. To score over 3000 is a tremendous acomplishment.

 

IMO, Ferguson is one of the most prolific SCORERS in state history. His numbers support that statement regardless of what region he plays in.

 

 

You can't argue with either of those statements!

Shall we call Ballard to the stand?:thumb:

Could he score like that now though?

 

Probably not, no disrespect; but, how old is he????:lol::lol::lol:

Probably not, no disrespect; but, how old is he????:lol::lol::lol:

 

hmm... He was Mr. Basketball in 1956. That was 53 years ago. If he was 18 then, that would make him 70 or 71 by my math.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.