Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UofL @ Notre Dame 02/12/09

Featured Replies

Notre Dame has played solid teams in the last 7 losses. They are still a team to look out for IMO... especially at home.

 

I also agree on louisville being a little beat up on after their last game.

 

Should be a good game.

 

Notre Dame 80

Louisville 75

UofL enters the game 18-4, 9-1. Notre Dame is 11-10, 3-7.

 

The Card's started ND's current 7 game losing streak. The Irish are very tough to beat at home, however they have lost the last two there. Very uncommon...(they had won 45 straight at home).

 

This games sets up as the ulitmate trap game for UofL. ND has too much talent to keep losing. They played UofL tough at Freedom Hall, and UofL hasn't looked good their past two games.

 

I just can't see the Irish losing three straight at home. Hopefully I am wrong.

 

I'm still trying to figure out how this is a trap game. :confused:

 

Trap games are ones that feature a lightly-regarded team sandwiched in between two BIG games (rivals, ranked teams, etc.). I don't call St. John's or DePaul BIG games, and I certainly wouldn't think of a team that took L'ville to OT earlier in the year is one that the Cardinal players are taking lightly.

 

I do, however, feel like this is a dangerous game for Louisville.

  • Author
I'm still trying to figure out how this is a trap game. :confused:

 

Trap games are ones that feature a lightly-regarded team sandwiched in between two BIG games (rivals, ranked teams, etc.). I don't call St. John's or DePaul BIG games, and I certainly wouldn't think of a team that took L'ville to OT earlier in the year is one that the Cardinal players are taking lightly.

 

I do, however, feel like this is a dangerous game for Louisville.

 

That is your interpretation of the overused cliche, trap game. Mine, in this case, just meant a game where one team, UofL, might take the other team, ND, lightly because they have lost seven in row. Even though the ND is still dangerous on their home court.

 

I think every game is big for UofL, they are playing for a very high seed in the Big East and NCAA tourny every game. You kind of contradicted yourself, by definition wouldn't you regard the word trap as something that presents danger. Your last statement was, I do, however, feel like this is a dangerous game for Louisville.:confused:

That is your interpretation of the overused cliche, trap game. Mine, in this case, just meant a game where one team, UofL, might take the other team, ND, lightly because they have lost seven in row. Even though the ND is still dangerous on their home court.

 

I think every game is big for UofL, they are playing for a very high seed in the Big East and NCAA tourny every game. You kind of contradicted yourself, by definition wouldn't you regard the word trap as something that presents danger. Your last statement was, I do, however, feel like this is a dangerous game for Louisville.:confused:

 

I think if we were to poll the board, the overwhelming majority are like me in that they think of a "trap game" as one against a lightly-regarded opponent sandwiched between two big games.

I can't believe people still think ND is a good team. They may not finish .500. I don't care who you are or how many upperclassmen you have, that is just not good. End of story.

  • Author
I think if we were to poll the board, the overwhelming majority are like me in that they think of a "trap game" as one against a lightly-regarded opponent sandwiched between two big games.

 

I don't disagree with that. I was just using it differently....

 

That doesn't make the way I used it wrong.:idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.