Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lincoln County 71 Monticello 34

Featured Replies

Lincoln was led in scoring by Ethan Spurlin with 20 pts. 10 players got in the scoring column.

Is Spurlin their post player? Seems like you told me not long ago, but they say the memory is the first thing to go.

  • Author
Is Spurlin their post player? Seems like you told me not long ago, but they say the memory is the first thing to go.

 

He starts at the 5 (out of necessity), but he can handle the ball like a guard. He can play all five spots in high school ball. Probably is truely a 3 man.

Is Spurlin their post player? Seems like you told me not long ago, but they say the memory is the first thing to go.

 

He plays inside some, but he is not a post player. He is a 2 guard in college (D1) or a 3 in a smaller school.

 

Spurlin can shoot, pass, and is a good help defender. At six foot five he is a nice college prospect.

He plays inside some, but he is not a post player. He is a 2 guard in college (D1) or a 3 in a smaller school.

 

Spurlin can shoot, pass, and is a good help defender. At six foot five he is a nice college prospect.

 

If Spurlin plays two-guard in Division I, I will eat your hat. He's not quick enough, not strong enough and not a good enough shooter. He's an NAIA player - and that's not a bad thing.

  • Author
If Spurlin plays two-guard in Division I, I will eat your hat. He's not quick enough, not strong enough and not a good enough shooter. He's an NAIA player - and that's not a bad thing.

 

I don't think he is a shooting guard at any level. However, there are some D1 schools recruiting him.

 

Personally, I think he would have the best chance of being successful at a NAIA school.

I don't think he is a shooting guard at any level. However, there are some D1 schools recruiting him.

 

Personally, I think he would have the best chance of being successful at a NAIA school.

 

D1 schools "recruit" everybody in the 12th region. And they all end up at Georgetown or Cumberland or Union. Again, not a bad thing. I just don't think Spurlin can play above the NAIA level. At that level, however, I think he could be really good.

If Spurlin plays two-guard in Division I, I will eat your hat. He's not quick enough, not strong enough and not a good enough shooter. He's an NAIA player - and that's not a bad thing.

 

I just know he has some D1 schools recruiting him. So if he were to play there he would have to be a shooting guard. That is what position he played when he was young. He just grew between his fresh & soph season.

 

& I think he is a little better than people give him credit for. But that is just the way I see it. I think he needs to become more of a leader and compettitor. He lets the game come to him sometimes when he could take over.

 

I will get my hat ready if he accepts a D1 offer. (wink)

I think he needs to become more of a leader and compettitor. He lets the game come to him sometimes when he could take over.

 

I will get my hat ready if he accepts a D1 offer. (wink)

 

You are right with the first part of the post. He doesn't seem to be the leader/competitor I hoped he would become. I remember thinking, as he got in the face of Spencer Perrin in the district tournament as a sophomore, that this kid would be tough as nails in a couple years. I haven't really seen that develop.

 

As for that hat, do I get to pick which type of hat?!:D

  • Author
D1 schools "recruit" everybody in the 12th region. And they all end up at Georgetown or Cumberland or Union. Again, not a bad thing. I just don't think Spurlin can play above the NAIA level. At that level, however, I think he could be really good.

 

Seriously, he has got some looks, unlike the normal D1 rumors that float around.

 

At the end of the day I see him playing at a smaller NAIA school though. You don't believe he can play above that level, you do realize Mike Porter is a D1 scholarship player, right.....:lol:

Seriously, he has got some looks, unlike the normal D1 rumors that float around.

 

At the end of the day I see him playing at a smaller NAIA school though. You don't believe he can play above that level, you do realize Mike Porter is a D1 scholarship player, right.....:lol:

 

Dang...my Michael Porter reference came back to bite me!

Seriously, he has got some looks, unlike the normal D1 rumors that float around.

 

At the end of the day I see him playing at a smaller NAIA school though. You don't believe he can play above that level, you do realize Mike Porter is a D1 scholarship player, right.....:lol:

 

Right... His top schools that have sent him letters and called were Purdue and Minnesota.

 

However, Middle Tennessee State and EKU have come to summer practices to watch him.

 

He dominated the Eddie Ford team in AAU this summer. Then he comes back to LC and goes from being a stud to just a very nice NAIA player.

Spurlin is a very good player. Low Major player.

He starts at the 5 (out of necessity), but he can handle the ball like a guard. He can play all five spots in high school ball. Probably is truely a 3 man.

 

Spurlin starts at the 2

  • Author
Spurlin starts at the 2

 

Long would be the 2, IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.