Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County 45 Boyle County 43

Featured Replies

Garrard trailed by 6 to begin the fourth quarter. They tied it with 6 seconds left. Garrard inbounded the ball and drew a foul with 3 to go. Ray connected on two free throws to give GC the lead, 45-43. BC was unable to get off a last second shot.

 

This game was much closer than I expected. Just more evidence of how wide open the 12th region and 45th district is. Garrard blew out Lincoln, Lincoln blew out Boyle. Garrard and Boyle play a close one down to the wire....

 

Makes sense, right?:lol: Sounds as if it was a very entertaining game in Lancaster.

 

District Standings:

 

Garrard County- 3-0

Lincoln County- 2-1

Danville- 1-2

Boyle County- 0-3

KSD- NA

This game was much closer than I expected. Just more evidence of how wide open the 12th region and 45th district is. Garrard blew out Lincoln, Lincoln blew out Boyle. Garrard and Boyle play a close one down to the wire....

 

Game was very close and very physical. Garrard seemed tired all night and the legs weren't in the shots. I didn't catch a percentage, but it couldn't have been too good. Much of that can be contributed to the defense played by Boyle County.

 

Garrard had a difficult time checking Aumiller in the first half; I believe he scored Boyle's first 13 points. He went to halftime with 19 points. The defense on him was much better in the second half when the Lions held him to one fourth quarter bucket.

 

It certainly was a team effort for Garrard as they were led by Evan Preston with 16, Tyler Woods with 11, Justin Ray and Hunter Hensley with 6 each, Trent Prather with 4, and Fred Hayes with a big put-back 2 in the second half that seemed to spark Garrard.

 

I'm glad the week is over. Perhaps no Garrard team has won three consecutive bigger games than this week beating Lincoln, East and Boyle. All three were at home, which certainly was advantageous, but they are still wins. Garrard will have to travel to Lincoln and Boyle in coming weeks.

 

Garrard improves to 16-3, which is the best start in school history. The 16 wins tie for the sixth most in school history. Eight consecutive wins are tied for the second most in school history, as are the eight consecutive home wins. Now the Lions get a much needed couple nights off before returning to action on Tuesday at home against an improving Casey County team.

On a side note, it was great to meet PurplePride92 at the game tonight. Very nice guy to talk with and hope to meet up again in a couple weeks and at the district tournament.

  • Author

It was a very impressive home stand for the Lions. This is going to be an interesting month of basketball...

Very interesting, especially since we host the district tournament.

 

Very good game tonight. I hate to see games like this one decided by the referees whistle. I would have preferred this game had been settled in overtime instead of the ref calling a foul with three seconds left when they had let them play all night. It was a good game and I was and I am very proud of our boys and the effort they gave and how well they played against arguably the best team in the region. A game we had to play without Hunter Glasscock(sprained his ankle last night, tried to play but didn't make it through the warmups) who I believe would have made a huge difference for us inside. Jordan Aumiller did most of his damage inside and I think it would have been hard to stop both Hunter and Jordan. If I am not mistaken, the rematch in the tourney could match us up again in round 1. Is that correct? We are not as bad as our record indicates and I still expect us to be playing better when the tournament starts.

 

I am proud of our boys and looking forward to the future. Great effort tonight Rebels. Keep your heads up and keep plugging along.

Edited by PurplePride92

On a side note, it was great to meet PurplePride92 at the game tonight. Very nice guy to talk with and hope to meet up again in a couple weeks and at the district tournament.

 

It was nice meeting you as well. It looks like the next time we play there will be a freshman game before the varsity game. I'll be there for the beginning of the varsity game, but my little one who had to use the bathroom at halftime has practice on Fridays at 7:00pm so we'll be leaving early. I am sure I'll catch you before I leave though. I'm glad I got to catch up with you, nice meeting you.

I know there is a lot of basketball to play but at 16-3 Garrard is the team to beat. Looking forward to the rematch in Stanford in Feb. Congrats on another big win tonight.

Garrard is ranked 15th in the state according to wlex.com. And that, was based on thier 14-3 record, now they are 16-3. Garrard looked very tired, but good teams come out on top when their down. I am very proud of the Lions for overcoming their main ball handler (Ray) sit almost half of the game. Very good win for the lions! Boyle is a very good team, and this is a battle tested win for Garrard!

Garrard trailed by 6 to begin the fourth quarter. They tied it with 6 seconds left. Garrard inbounded the ball and drew a foul with 3 to go. Ray connected on two free throws to give GC the lead, 45-43. BC was unable to get off a last second shot.

 

This game was much closer than I expected. Just more evidence of how wide open the 12th region and 45th district is. Garrard blew out Lincoln, Lincoln blew out Boyle. Garrard and Boyle play a close one down to the wire....

 

Makes sense, right?:lol: Sounds as if it was a very entertaining game in Lancaster.

 

District Standings:

 

Garrard County- 3-0

Lincoln County- 2-1

Danville- 1-2

Boyle County- 0-3

KSD- NA

 

Do the teams only play each other once for district seeding or do they all have three more district games to go?

  • Author
Do the teams only play each other once for district seeding or do they all have three more district games to go?

 

3 more to go. It's a home and home setup.

Good effort by Boyle Co. tonight. Good to see the Rebels playing as a team. Guard play continues to improve.

I thought it was the hardest I had seen us play all year. Aumiller had a great first half(19 points) He only had 2 the second half. I think not having Glasscock really hurt in the second half when they shut Aumiller out.Just a question, I thought our depth was what was going to set us apart from our competition. I do not remember us subbing in the second half(I may be wrong).Garrard outscored us 14-6 in the fourth quarter.My observation was that we looked tired. If we play this hard the rest of the year we will make some noise.

Congrads to the Golden Lions who are the surprise of the 12th region. If they keep playing this well they will shatter some Garrard records and go where no man (team) has gone before to quote the Star Trek theme. Folks around Lancaster should be getting pumped up about this team!!!

I thought it was the hardest I had seen us play all year. Aumiller had a great first half(19 points) He only had 2 the second half. I think not having Glasscock really hurt in the second half when they shut Aumiller out.Just a question, I thought our depth was what was going to set us apart from our competition. I do not remember us subbing in the second half(I may be wrong).Garrard outscored us 14-6 in the fourth quarter.My observation was that we looked tired. If we play this hard the rest of the year we will make some noise.

 

I have no answer. For whatever reason the bench has gotten shorter, especially with Trevor Austin and Hunter Glasscock not being available. That would be a question for Coach Adams.

 

 

We couldn't have been any more tired than Garrard County. I believe they only used 1 bench player at different times the entire game so they used their bench as much as we used ours if not less. Fatigue wasn't a factor in my opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.