Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton-Verona 51 Grant County 33

Featured Replies

WV seems to have some young talent coming through the program. I saw the freshman recently and they had a nice combo of athletic ability, size, and shooters.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
WV seems to have some young talent coming through the program. I saw the freshman recently and they had a nice combo of athletic ability, size, and shooters.

 

What's going to benefit Walton (as it pretty much does any "A" school) is the fact that a lot of these kids are going to be seeing double the playing time. You'll have 8th and 9th graders playing freshman and jv games, and 9th and 10th graders playing both jv and varsity.

 

So, you'll end up with kids "playing up" versus their normal grade, and getting a lot of valuable experience. Then when they're juniors and seniors, they'll have a lot more "seasoning" to them, versus someone who just started playing varsity ball the year before.

 

It doesn't always work out, but I'll be excited to see what Sandlin can do in another 3 years, as she's already getting "props" as an 8th grader!!

I have seen the Sandlin girl that plays for WV a few of times this year. I can't believe she is only an 8th grader. She may be the best all around player that WV has. She seems like a leader on the floor, and always seems to put up big numbers (points and rebounds). This girl is going to be really good. Good luck to her and the WV team for the remainder of the season.

 

I wouldn't go as far as best all around player. Don't get me wrong, she is good, especially for her age but as of right now I wouldn't call her their best all around player. But the girl can flat out play. IMO if Dixon wasn't in the mix Sandlin would be hands down their best player. But the wonderful thing about basketball is it is a team sport so individual rankings dont matter, team rankings do. :banana:

I wouldn't go as far as best all around player. Don't get me wrong, she is good, especially for her age but as of right now I wouldn't call her their best all around player. But the girl can flat out play. IMO if Dixon wasn't in the mix Sandlin would be hands down their best player. But the wonderful thing about basketball is it is a team sport so individual rankings dont matter, team rankings do. :banana:

 

:laugh: :laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.