George Rogers Clark vs Conner 1/19

George Rogers Clark will travel to the Kenton Co Classis and take on Conner at 3:30 at Dixie Heights Monday 1/19. GRC will be without Cory Rogers which was injured in yesterdays game against LCA. I do not know much about Conner, can someone give some info. about their team and how each will match up. What are your thoughts on this game?

I agree Conner has played good at times this year but I'm not sure I would consider Hodges a big reason why. The last ten games or so it seems like he has only had 2-4 points. His defense is okay but Robinson clearly out plays him coming off the bench. I don't see how they don't start him. Their guard play is pretty solid.

I agree Conner has played good at times this year but I'm not sure I would consider Hodges a big reason why. The last ten games or so it seems like he has only had 2-4 points. His defense is okay but Robinson clearly out plays him coming off the bench. I don't see how they don't start him. Their guard play is pretty solid.[/quote]

Should be a good match up then. GRC is also strong at the guard position, with Hatton and Williams starting. Stenzel could see some action at guard too. Then off the bench we have Martin, Brewer and Bailey. All good ball handlers and defensive players. We will be thin down low, With Pervis ( out for the season with torn ACL) and Rogers out,( broken nose) Daniels will have to stay out of foul trouble.

The Cards have been bitten by the injury bug all season and are banged up. We have 6 players that have faced injuries this year....unreal.

I hope to listen to the game on the radio and give updates. Best of luck to both teams, and I sure hope no one else gets hurt.

Edited by gold sunrise

I agree Conner has played good at times this year but I'm not sure I would consider Hodges a big reason why. The last ten games or so it seems like he has only had 2-4 points. His defense is okay but Robinson clearly out plays him coming off the bench. I don't see how they don't start him. Their guard play is pretty solid.

Hodges is stricly a defensive player. He leads the region in blocked shots. Robinson will bang down low and score on bigger guys. Conner is solid inside and out. This should be a fun game.

Hodges is stricly a defensive player. He leads the region in blocked shots. Robinson will bang down low and score on bigger guys. Conner is solid inside and out. This should be a fun game.

How tall is Hodges? He may be guarding Zollo, who also leads our region in block shots. How tall is Robinson? We probably will start Daniels at center, he is not the banger down low as Rogers, but he is around 6'6. This looks to be a very good match up.

How tall is Hodges? He may be guarding Zollo, who also leads our region in block shots. How tall is Robinson? We probably will start Daniels at center, he is not the banger down low as Rogers, but he is around 6'6. This looks to be a very good match up.

Conner's starting lineup probably will look like this:

Stephens 6'1

Avery 6'2

Lang 6'4

Broyles 6'4

Hodges 6'6

Stephens and Avery are juniors. Hodges is a BIG sophomore.

Thanks...what about Robinson?

Not sure. Conner doesn't have many players under 6'0. They have a decent size team. I'd say Robinson is around 6'2, 6'3. A Conner fan might be able to help you out a little more though.

Conner isn't bigger than Ryle though.

Not sure. Conner doesn't have many players under 6'0. They have a decent size team. I'd say Robinson is around 6'2, 6'3. A Conner fan might be able to help you out a little more though.

Conner isn't bigger than Ryle though.

Thanks....how will the refs let them play in the 9th?