Who should Greenup County Choose as the New Coach?

Coupon21

New GC Coach  

36 members have voted

1. 1. New GC Coach

• Mike Jones
    • Mike Copley
    • Darryl Davis
    • Chris Mullins
    • Bruce Hunt
    • Brian Meenach
    • Other

Possibly...

Copley was a defensive coach with Pikeville before he was made head coach. I also heard he played a big role in improving their weightlifting program.

That is a big plus. In order to compete in their district and then in the Region against Bell, Rockcastle and Knox they will need to be strong.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody tell me a reason why Mike Jones would leave Estill for Greenup? Does he have ties here or has he been let go? There has to be a reason to be interested in Greenup. Just wondering. Havn't seen this addressed yet.

Good point and one I haven't heard an answer.

Can anybody tell me a reason why Mike Jones would leave Estill for Greenup? Does he have ties here or has he been let go? There has to be a reason to be interested in Greenup. Just wondering. Havn't seen this addressed yet.

Let go by Estill, no ties.

Yes, Copley was the coach at Pikeville last year and led them to the regional finals before losing to Hazard. He was subseqently let go. I believe he was the 4th coach in 5 years. Something is bad wrong in Pikeville.

Possibly...

Copley was a defensive coach with Pikeville before he was made head coach. I also heard he played a big role in improving their weightlifting program.

Also an assistant at Lawrence County when they were tough under Chuke Williams, ran that Belly series..

Good point and one I haven't heard an answer.

Let go by Estill, no ties.

Things happened outside the program that upset the political landscape.

Published: January 19, 2009

By MARK MAYNARD / Managing Editor

Musketeer search

Greenup County’s search for a new football coach may be coming to a conclusion.

At least two of the candidates — Pikeville’s Mike Copley and Estill County’s Mike Jones — are already head coaches. Copley and Jones are among the finalists for the position, according to sources.

The Musketeers have been without a head coach since December when Mike Sammons resigned.

There’s no official word yet on when a new coach might be named.

link to Daily Independent article:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_019233755.html?keyword=secondarystory

We the fans are ready and waiting to hear the good news of the new coach's arrival. I believe the 2 coaches that it has been narrowed down to are excellent choices and will do a great job for GCHS. I know that we don't have alot of seniors but we will still have lots of talent on the field. And I for one am looking for a FANTASTIC season. So lets get behind the coach and support the boys and PLAY SOME FOOTBALL. (Is it time yet?):banana: