January 5, 200917 yr Eagles pull out a big win playing in Minnesota. Standout plays would be McNabb's 71 yd screen pass to Westbrook for a TD. DeSean Jackson's punt return TD Akers hitting 4/4 FG's Peterson also had a 40 TD run, and an additional TD.
January 5, 200917 yr Tavarius Jackson is not an NFL quarterback. The Vikings are definitely in "QB-seeking" mode this off-season. Maybe Fran Tarkenton can come out of retirement?
January 5, 200917 yr Author The Vikings certainly could be more dangerous with a better QB to help out Peterson. With a win next week against the Giants I think it pretty much seals up Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb staying in Philly a little longer.
January 5, 200917 yr The Vikings certainly could be more dangerous with a better QB to help out Peterson. With a win next week against the Giants I think it pretty much seals up Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb staying in Philly a little longer. Sounding pretty confident :lol:.
January 5, 200917 yr Sounding pretty confident :lol:. They've already proven they can win in NY this year, so I see no reason for him not to be....
January 5, 200917 yr Author Sounding pretty confident :lol:. haha...there is my man. I knew this thread would be mostly you and me lol. I am confident in the Eagles, but I am definitely not gaurenteeing anything. I just know that home field advantage won't be that big of a deal in this one because it wasn't in either game when these two met previously. Does the week off benefit the Giants? Probably, but that could go either way. All I know right now is the Eagles got it done today when they needed too.
January 5, 200917 yr Author They've already proven they can win in NY this year, so I see no reason for him not to be.... Come on now, you know HB will have 12 different reasons as to why that game doesn't matter at all. But, the only real thing that matters about that game is that it was a couple weeks ago. Both teams are gonna have to fight real hard to get a win next week, and I really don't think home field advantage plays much of a factor here.
January 5, 200917 yr Good win for the Eagles. This keeps Mcnabbs streak alive, he has never lost in the first playoff game of the post season, pretty impressive for a guy most dont want in philly anymore. I think next weeks game against the Giants will be a good one and the Eagles will give them all they want and more!
January 5, 200917 yr Come on now, you know HB will have 12 different reasons as to why that game doesn't matter at all. But, the only real thing that matters about that game is that it was a couple weeks ago. Both teams are gonna have to fight real hard to get a win next week, and I really don't think home field advantage plays much of a factor here. Home field will mean a lot inside Giants stadium in January IMO. It gets loud, windy and cold there. I'd expect it to be a low scoring, hard hitting game. To be honest, I thought the Eagles would be the toughest matchup for the Giants out of the Cards/Eagles/Falcons. They've been to Giants stadium and they know how to win there. However, I think the Giants are the best team in the NFL so it really didn't matter to me who they played. I think the last time they played, a combination of Philly playing slightly better along with Jacobs getting hurt early was the reason the Eagles won. Anyways, the week off really helped the Giants. Jacobs has now been able to rest his injury for two weeks in a row, and him being healthy is huge for the Giants. They'll need him to pound on Philly's defense and soften them up for Ward and Bradshaw. Eli needs to do exactly what he did in last years playoffs and take care of the ball...he didn't throw an interception in last years playoffs until the super bowl, and that one really wasn't his fault. It will be a good game. It always is between the Giants and Eagles.
January 5, 200917 yr Come on now, you know HB will have 12 different reasons as to why that game doesn't matter at all. But, the only real thing that matters about that game is that it was a couple weeks ago. Both teams are gonna have to fight real hard to get a win next week, and I really don't think home field advantage plays much of a factor here. I don't have 12 different reasons for why that game didn't matter, sorry.
January 5, 200917 yr Author Home field will mean a lot inside Giants stadium in January IMO. It gets loud, windy and cold there. I'd expect it to be a low scoring, hard hitting game. To be honest, I thought the Eagles would be the toughest matchup for the Giants out of the Cards/Eagles/Falcons. They've been to Giants stadium and they know how to win there. However, I think the Giants are the best team in the NFL so it really didn't matter to me who they played. I think the last time they played, a combination of Philly playing slightly better along with Jacobs getting hurt early was the reason the Eagles won. Anyways, the week off really helped the Giants. Jacobs has now been able to rest his injury for two weeks in a row, and him being healthy is huge for the Giants. They'll need him to pound on Philly's defense and soften them up for Ward and Bradshaw. Eli needs to do exactly what he did in last years playoffs and take care of the ball...he didn't throw an interception in last years playoffs until the super bowl, and that one really wasn't his fault. It will be a good game. It always is between the Giants and Eagles. HB, if it didn't mean anything a couple weeks ago...it won't mean anything more now. There is no way you can tell me Giants fans weren't just as pumped the last time that they met a couple weeks ago. Just because this one is a playoff game, won't make them anymore crazier or louder. If they are louder, then it's because they might be winning this time around, not simply cause it's a playoff game. I really feel like home field advantage is kind of out of the window on this one. But you are definitely right, it will be a great game and definitely hard hitting by both teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see an injury or two. The key to this game in my mind, is make Eli make a mistake or two and capitalize on it.
January 5, 200917 yr Author I don't have 12 different reasons for why that game didn't matter, sorry. Haha, I was hoping you would so that I could try my best and pick them apart lol.
January 5, 200917 yr I'm looking forward to the Philly Giants game, both games this season were close. Edge goes to NYG at home but Philly is playing well and they proved today they could win without a good rushing attack. It wouldn't shock me to see the Eagles walking away with the victory.
January 5, 200917 yr HB, if it didn't mean anything a couple weeks ago...it won't mean anything more now. There is no way you can tell me Giants fans weren't just as pumped the last time that they met a couple weeks ago. Just because this one is a playoff game, won't make them anymore crazier or louder. If they are louder, then it's because they might be winning this time around, not simply cause it's a playoff game. I really feel like home field advantage is kind of out of the window on this one. But you are definitely right, it will be a great game and definitely hard hitting by both teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see an injury or two. The key to this game in my mind, is make Eli make a mistake or two and capitalize on it. I guarantee they will be louder. Giants stadium tends to be rather quiet during the regular season, due to a lot of older season ticket holders. The playoffs (since I can remember) have always seemed MUCH MUCH louder. Not to mention the last time the Giants played the Eagles, the Giants had clinched a playoff spot and I believe even a first round bye. This one is do or die...Giants fans will be much louder. And about your key... I'd say McNabb is just as likely to make a mistake as Eli. If the Giants can pressure him, he'll throw a few to them. Home field is out the window? Not hardly. If the Giants were going into Philly it would be tough, simply because it is the playoffs. Everything is amped up a bit in the playoffs.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.