Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 67 South Laurel 57

Featured Replies

I think when Corbin plays team ball, they are a legit top 10-20 team. Big win for the Hounds.

 

I listened to the end of the game and the SL commentators were surprised that SL did not foul sooner, letting as much as 26 seconds tick away without a foul at one point.

Alot of times if a team moves the ball around quick enough and make the right passes, it is hard to foul them without it being a intentional foul, 2 shots and the ball back. Nice comeback from the KC game for Corbin. These two will be in the final four come March in the region.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine another Central, Clay and Corbin/South Laurel in the same bracket. YIKES!

Imagine another Central, Clay and Corbin/South Laurel in the same bracket. YIKES!

the cumberland falls invitational should be very interesting..:thumb:

Imagine another Central, Clay and Corbin/South Laurel in the same bracket. YIKES!

 

If you're talking about the regional tournament this bracket is impossible as Corbin and South will be on opposite sides since they are in the same district.

If you noticed I had a slash for Corbin and South referring to which school would be in the bracket because they can't be in the same one and I was comparing it to last year when Corbin, Central and Clay was in the same bracket.

I agree with the fact that KC, Clay, SL, and Corbin would be a dynamite final four in the 13th region.

 

After watching all of these teams play I would rank them in the following order:

 

1.Corbin

2.SL

3.KC

4.Clay

 

I realize that KC beat Corbin, but I really believe that the Hounds played about as bad as they can. No disrepsect to KC - they won, but they didn't get Corbin's best game. With that being said, I think Corbin has all the parts to win a regional title. The question is will they play within themselves and develop a "killer instinct" when they have their opponents on their heels or will they relax mentally?

 

I find SL very intriguing. They have something that no one else has - Matt St. John. If he stays out of foul trouble he's a game changer. No one in the region matches up with his size and ability in the paint. Combine that with Steve Wright's ability to nurture and develop a team and I don't think anyone will want to face the Cards in tournament action.

 

KC is also a tough matchup as both Corbin and Clay found out. You better put them away if you have the chance because Miller can take over a close game in the 4th quarter.

 

Clay is also very dangerous. They have five capable scorers in the starting lineup and they play very hard. They are a tough matchup for anyone.

Edited by Redhound0934

I agree with everything you said, but Knox Central didn't play well either, plus Cody Miller was in foul trouble the entire game and really didn't get going until the fourth quarter.

The region tournament will be another fun one to watch this season.

If you noticed I had a slash for Corbin and South referring to which school would be in the bracket because they can't be in the same one and I was comparing it to last year when Corbin, Central and Clay was in the same bracket.

 

Sorry. I failed to acknowledge the slash. My mistake.

I agree with everything you said, but Knox Central didn't play well either, plus Cody Miller was in foul trouble the entire game and really didn't get going until the fourth quarter.

The region tournament will be another fun one to watch this season.

 

Both teams were not at the top of their games on that particular night, but I still feel like Corbin looked flat and uninspired where as KC may not have played their best, but they still put out a tremendous effort. At the end of the day, if both teams exert the same level of intensity on a given night I think Corbin wins most of the time regardless of whether Miller is in foul trouble or not.

The key to Knox Central is that you know Miller is going to get his, but you can't let Chad Messer score from three-point land. I also like the Josh Brown kid.

The key to Knox Central is that you know Miller is going to get his, but you can't let Chad Messer score from three-point land. I also like the Josh Brown kid.

 

You're exactly right. Miller will score his points. Staying focused on assignments and not letting the capable shooters they have get good looks is the key to beating KC.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.