Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitley Co. 57 Williamsburg 52

Featured Replies

I sort of thought that Williamsburg might take this one. I was worried that the scoring threat of Teague and Cunningham would be a problem but the Colonels seemed to handle the situation fine. Although, they did have some help from the Williamsburg team in containing Teague. Why do they not pass the ball inside more? I watched the guards drive in between Whitley defenders and turn the ball over on more than one occasion with Teague or Pettit wide open. Williamsburg will not win alot of games unless the selfish play ends. Lebanion & Crawford played a heck of a game. Both players have put on some size this year. Powers shot several nice 3 pointers. All in all it was a good game but if Williamsburg could have pulled it together and played as a team I think that they would have come out ahead. I look forward to watching a rematch later in the season.

Is this an upset?

No.

I'm surprised it was this close. Williamsburg has improved.

I agree HDE. Williamsburg is an improved team.

I also thought that Williamsburg would win. They have improved since last year. From what I saw, they should be passing the ball inside more.

Shouldn't have even been close..Whitley will put it on them in the rematch..

Williamsburg is improved, but Whitley looks about 20 points better to me.

Shouldn't have even been close..Whitley will put it on them in the rematch..

 

With the exception of Lebanion the two teams look pretty even, why do you think it will not be close at W'Burg.

Sure Williamsburg has improved. But Whitley has improved dramatically also.:thumb:

Sure Williamsburg has improved. But Whitley has improved dramatically also.:thumb:

 

Just not in this game????? Why will it not be a close game next time??. I think if Wburg pounds the ball inside next time they will be able to win. Whitley has alot of numbers but I don't think Baker has a clue about rotation or who needs to be in. Seems like he is just tryn to keep everybody happy which in the long run makes no one happy.

Just not in this game????? Why will it not be a close game next time??. I think if Wburg pounds the ball inside next time they will be able to win. Whitley has alot of numbers but I don't think Baker has a clue about rotation or who needs to be in. Seems like he is just tryn to keep everybody happy which in the long run makes no one happy.

 

I think he is doing just like his mentor used to do, start out the season with a large sub rotation, then close it down as the season goes on. Deaton while at Corbin did much the same thing. I too, don't think you can win playing ten or eleven, but at this point in the season you can find out who can help and who can't in game situations.

 

This game is one where both teams either play well or play poorly. You hardly ever see a blow out even when one team is really bad or one team is really good.

  • Author

I like the way that Baker rotates his players. His bench is deep so why not use that as an advantage? He can sub to give his starters a rest. See how Powers came into the game and helped with 2 3-pointers. Like I said earlier, Williamsburg needs to pass the ball inside more. Read the paper, at one point Teague had 7 points in 2 minutes mostly due to free throws. When the ball is passed inside Teague either makes the shot, is fouled, or even better, makes the shot and draws a foul. I think that the rematch will go to Whitley even though it will be played at Williamsburg. Mikey Storms, Lebanion, and Crawford will only improve as the season progresses. It will be an interesting game to watch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.