Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 59 Covcath 52 (OT)

Featured Replies

Not surprising, but I did think CCH would win this game

It's gonna be a long year for CCH.

Decent game to watch. Neither team is strong offensively. Ryle's interior D is strong. Perimeter D is ehh which allowed CCH to stay in the game.

 

Does Coleman always play that well? Wow. That first half was impressive.

 

I thought CCH was the worst FT shooting team I had seen. They've lost that title. CCH may have to replace some backboards after tonight's game.

 

Nice effort by Josh Lamping tonite. Probably didn't score any points. However, he played strong D on the interior and had some key matchups with Luke that went his way. You like role players that know and accept their role.

 

Ugly JV game.

What'd you think about Sorrell's play tonight Clyde?

 

He did the one thing he does really well - hit 3s. I think he had 5. Like Lamping, he did what his role called for.

 

On the other hand, I'm not sure how many 3s a kid has to hit before the concept of "shooter" comes into play defensively. That's just me.

He did the one thing he does really well - hit 3s. I think he had 5. Like Lamping, he did what his role called for.

 

On the other hand, I'm not sure how many 3s a kid has to hit before the concept of "shooter" comes into play defensively. That's just me.

 

Lol I thought the same thing. How many times are they going to let him shoot the ball without getting a hand up?

In my opinion Luke just didn't have it tonight mentally. I don't think he had a bad attitude or anything, but he threw some passes and missed some close ones that just didn't seem like his concentration was there. That being said he was still CCH's best player.

Decent game to watch. Neither team is strong offensively. Ryle's interior D is strong. Perimeter D is ehh which allowed CCH to stay in the game.

 

Does Coleman always play that well? Wow. That first half was impressive.

 

I thought CCH was the worst FT shooting team I had seen. They've lost that title. CCH may have to replace some backboards after tonight's game.

 

Nice effort by Josh Lamping tonite. Probably didn't score any points. However, he played strong D on the interior and had some key matchups with Luke that went his way. You like role players that know and accept their role.

 

Ugly JV game.

 

Coleman is a very nice player. Will be one of NKY's best next season.

 

So I take it that Ryle clunked more than a few FT's tonight? Been a problem for them up to now and might be a real issue for them as the season goes on.

 

Lamping might well be the best defensive player on the team. Lord knows he's the most aggressive. :lol:

  • Author

Covcath has the tendency to play well in the first quarter and then it's all down hill from there. Same goes for tonight. They played well in the first quarter but went in to the half down I believe. Second half was back and forth and Ryle had the ball with I believe 15 second left but couldn't capitalize.

 

OT was ugly and Ryle went on a nice run to put the game away. Game changing moment was when Wilson had a silly turnover which led to a Ryle basket that CCH would never recover from.

 

Looking at their schedule, they could very well start out 1-8 in December.

Coleman is a very nice player. Will be one of NKY's best next season.

 

:

 

He's only a JR? Wow. Very, very smooth ballplayer. Blocked a drive at the end of the half, sprinted to the other end, caught a pass and drained a 3. Huge turnaround.

He's only a JR? Wow. Very, very smooth ballplayer. Blocked a drive at the end of the half, sprinted to the other end, caught a pass and drained a 3. Huge turnaround.

 

Yep. A little more speed probably wouldn't hurt him, but he's very good overall - nice shooter, defends well (he was put on McFarland in the Boone game), passes well, rebounds well.

I thought Coleman and McLeish shot the ball very well in the first half. I was sort of curious as to why he didn't keep them both in at the same time when CCH was in that zone. Also, has Nichols put on a lot of weight since last year?

I thought Coleman and McLeish shot the ball very well in the first half. I was sort of curious as to why he didn't keep them both in at the same time when CCH was in that zone. Also, has Nichols put on a lot of weight since last year?

 

Yes, he has. He put on a bunch of muscle during football season, however he has a little bit of extra weight left over from nearly eight months of inactivity due to a broken foot. He is back down to the 240 range which isnt too bad.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.