Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 67 Beechwood 48

Featured Replies

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Jamel Riley was clearly the best player on the court tonight for either team. He finished the game with 22 points.

 

1st quarter Holmes jumped out early 9-0 but Pittman got in foul trouble and went to bench probably 5 minutes in to the game and didn't return the rest of the half. After this Beechwood would go on a run to cut the Holmes lead to 13-10 at the end of 1.

 

2nd quarter Beechwood started out with 4 quick points to take a one point lead, but it was all Holmes after this. They went on a 15-6 run and finished out the half with a 28-20 lead. Riley was the leading scorer in the first half with 16 points. Romes had one point at the half and was really frustrated with Rico guarding him.

 

Second half Holmes came out firing but still played a little sloppy. They built a 15 point lead and it stayed that way for the rest of the game. Game changing moment was when Holmes was up by around 10, Romes tried to cross Rico, got picked and Cardo went down for a two handed dunk. Beechwood never seemed to recover from that.

 

Beuttel was impressive in the second half from behind the arc and looked to be the best player IMO on the floor for Beechwood. Romes finished with 16 but none came against Johnson and many were on break away lay ups. Wasn't as impressive as he was talked up to be IMO and pushes off a lot. If he tries to drive to the basket against a smaller defender, he'll get called for it all night along with Beuttel and AJ Smith.

 

A solid showing by Holmes but they still have some work to do. They would look scary good for a few minutes and then start playing very lethargic and complacent. Holmes first 6 looked very good and Beechwood struggled to defend them (Johnson Brothers, Pittman, Housely, Riley, Arnold), but after those 6 there's a tremendous drop off offensively for Holmes. They will need to develop some of those bench players. Overall they need to rebound better as well. It was better in the second half, but first half they didn't go after anything.

 

I'd say Pittman and Cardo finished in double figures with Riley, and Arnold had probably 7 or 8.

I went to this game tonite and was impressed with Beechwood's number 3, very good player. Also #23 of Holmes had a good game.

First time I went to a Holmes game and I liked the gym.

Closer than I thought. Any stats.

Eta can come off suicide watch. The first game has been played and its a win. Good work Holmes.

Clearly my prediction!:thumb:

  • Author
Closer than I thought. Any stats.

 

Riley led all scorers with 22 points.

 

Romes had 16 for B'wood and I'd say Beuttel (#3) had atleast 15 as well.

 

Pittman, Arnold, Housely, and both Johnson Brothers were all right around 10 points. (Give or take a few)

Edited by Eta Rho

Riley has a pure shot. Thats a great sign for Holmes if he stays aggressive. I also like his on the ball defense.

  • Author
Riley has a pure shot. Thats a great sign for Holmes if he stays aggressive. I also like his on the ball defense.

 

I believe Riley was 4 for 4 from behind the arc and 5 for 5 from the field. I don't remember him missing any shots. 9 for 9 from the field isn't a bad way to start the year. I felt kind of sorry for #4. He had a very tough time defending Riley. He could have went off for 30 had he shot more in the second half.

 

Holmes still has a lot of work to do though and need to develop their bench more.

Edited by Eta Rho

I believe Riley was 4 for 4 from behind the arc and 5 for 5 from the field. I don't remember him missing any shots. 9 for 9 from the field isn't a bad way to start the year. I felt kind of sorry for #4. He had avery tough time defending Riley. He could have went off for 30 had he shot more in the second half.

 

Holmes still has a lot of work to do though and need to develop their bench more.

 

There bench is short. Thats why I dont see them running the table in the 9th. There depth will probably get them once or twice this year. Riley is clearly underrated. In my opinion, he is the best point gaurd in the 9th.

  • Author
There bench is short. Thats why I dont see them running the table in the 9th. There depth will probably get them once or twice this year. Riley is clearly underrated. In my opinion, he is the best point gaurd in the 9th.

 

I'd say you're right. No other point guard in the region can handle the ball AND shoot as well as him IMO and that's not just me being a homer. I heard several Beechwood fans saying the same thing tonight.

Does anyone have any real, official stats, because clearly these are made up off the top of his head.

  • Author
Does anyone have any real, official stats, because clearly these are made up off the top of his head.

 

Riley DID have 22 points.

 

Romes DID have 16 points.

 

Those are facts. Check the stats tomorrow in the paper and I guarantee both are correct. :sssh:

 

BTW, were you even at the game?

How was the J V game. Any stats on that.

Riley DID have 22 points.

 

Romes DID have 16 points.

 

Those are facts. Check the stats tomorrow in the paper and I guarantee both are correct. :sssh:

 

I know Riley had 22. That was the frist call I got.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.