Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd Memorial Invitational

Featured Replies

Big Blue88 requested this on another thread:

 

Sat. Dec 27

Top Bracket:

Lloyd vs. Silver Grove 9:30am

Connor vs. Bourbon Co. 11:15am

Oldham Co. vs. Villa Madonna 1pm

Holmes vs. Seneca 2:45pm

 

Bottom Bracket:

Bullitt East vs. Newport 4:30

Grant Co. vs. Muhlenburg South 6:15

Henderson Co. vs. Deming 8pm

Holy Cross vs. Walton 9:45pm

 

Tournament runs from the 27th to the 30th

Wouldn't Holmes and Seneca be considered the two best teams in this?

  • Author

Probably. I think Seneca is about where Holmes was with last year's team. Seneca is real athletic and deep. Holmes has the experience of winning big games. It will definitely be the best match-up (or most fun to watch) of the tournament IMO...

Probably. I think Seneca is about where Holmes was with last year's team. Seneca is real athletic and deep. Holmes has the experience of winning big games. It will definitely be the best match-up (or most fun to watch) of the tournament IMO...

 

Why then would the organizers of this invitational pit the two best teams in the first round? I don't really expect Holmes to be beaten by Seneca but it will be a good game and the other teams they face after that will be blow outs.

 

Same thing happened in this tournament last year too where it was set up that Gallatin and Holmes met in the semi's and Holmes only won by 9, then turned around and beat Daviess Co in the championship by 18 I believe.

Why would Holmes get in a tournament like this when there are numerous very good tournaments around the state over christmas break? Was it like a two year deal or what?

Why would Holmes get in a tournament like this when there are numerous very good tournaments around the state over christmas break? Was it like a two year deal or what?

 

Yes it was a two year deal. I don't think Henley expected his boys to be as good as they were last year or the Johnson Brothers coming back over the summer when Holmes originally accepted to play in this. This year he had no choice but to play in it since it was in the contract.

Yes it was a two year deal. I don't think Henley expected his boys to be as good as they were last year or the Johnson Brothers coming back over the summer when Holmes originally accepted to play in this. This year he had no choice but to play in it since it was in the contract.

 

That's what I figured as I was a bit surprised when they were in it last year too, but maybe some teams will give them some good games. :thumb:

Yes it was a two year deal. I don't think Henley expected his boys to be as good as they were last year or the Johnson Brothers coming back over the summer when Holmes originally accepted to play in this. This year he had no choice but to play in it since it was in the contract.

 

Two year contract for a tournament, huh?

 

I've never heard of a two-year contract for a high school tournament. Gallatin County, Beechwood, Boone County, et al. must have somehow avoided that "two year contract."

 

They all played last year, and none are back this season. Boone is in the Lexington Catholic tournament I believe, which would have been much better for Holmes this season.

 

Could there be other reasons Holmes isn't traveling again this Christmas?

Two year contract for a tournament, huh?

 

I've never heard of a two-year contract for a high school tournament. Gallatin County, Beechwood, Boone County, et al. must have somehow avoided that "two year contract."

 

They all played last year, and none are back this season. Boone is in the Lexington Catholic tournament I believe, which would have been much better for Holmes this season.

 

Could there be other reasons Holmes isn't traveling again this Christmas?

 

Holmes will win this tournament with relative ease. I just hope they dont end up playing Silver Grove :scared:

Big Blue88 requested this on another thread:

 

Sat. Dec 27

Top Bracket:

Lloyd vs. Silver Grove 9:30am

Connor vs. Bourbon Co. 11:15am

Oldham Co. vs. Villa Madonna 1pm

Holmes vs. Seneca 2:45pm

 

Bottom Bracket:

Bullitt East vs. Newport 4:30

Grant Co. vs. Muhlenburg South 6:15

Henderson Co. vs. Deming 8pm

Holy Cross vs. Walton 9:45pm

 

Tournament runs from the 27th to the 30th

 

 

Thanks tweedleD.

 

So if Villa beats Oldham County do they play Holmes or Seneca or is that in no particular order?

  • Author

You're welcome and that is correct. The brackets are in that order.

Holmes will win this tournament with relative ease. I just hope they dont end up playing Silver Grove :scared:

 

Agree, they will should run away with it.

Two year contract for a tournament, huh?

 

I've never heard of a two-year contract for a high school tournament. Gallatin County, Beechwood, Boone County, et al. must have somehow avoided that "two year contract."

 

They all played last year, and none are back this season. Boone is in the Lexington Catholic tournament I believe, which would have been much better for Holmes this season.

 

Could there be other reasons Holmes isn't traveling again this Christmas?

 

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "Contract" per say, but it was an agreement by both programs that Holmes would play in it two years to try and attract other top teams as well, such as Seneca who is one of the better 7th region teams.

 

As far as the bolded part, Holmes IS traveling this Christmas. They play in the Bryan Station Defenders of the Station Tournament in Lexington from the 19th-23rd. And then they have the Lloyd tournament starting the 27th.

 

I know what you're getting at though and tournaments such as the 5/3 and KOB DID invite Holmes this year but they had scheduling conflicts which is the reason they couldn't accept.

Thanks tweedleD.

 

So if Villa beats Oldham County do they play Holmes or Seneca or is that in no particular order?

 

Yes Villa would play Holmes or Seneca if they beat Oldham Co.

 

I personally don't see anyone in this tournament who should beat Holmes though or even play within 20 points of them, outside of Seneca and even they shouldn't pose much of a threat.

  • Author

At least the tournament organizers should have scheduled the Holmes/Seneca game later in the evening to attract more of a crowd. Regardless of the winner - it should be an up and down dunk-a-thon. Both teams can play above the rim and both teams press and push tempo - I wish it was later in the evening - wife will still be returning presents!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.