Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New coaches across the state

Featured Replies

That's awful to hear about Josh. I hope everything works out ok

Jay Jones - Carroll County

Heath hired Josh Stewart, a Livingston Central product who pitched college ball for Memphis and pitched briefly in the major leagues ... seven career starts in 2003-04. He's been out of pro baseball for a couple of years and had returned home to finish school.

Ronnie Clos at St. Pat.

Bob Bieger - Cooper High School - new school in Boone County

Wayne Huff - Boone County High School

 

Can anyone give some insight into Wayne Huff? I know he coached at SG, but does he have any other experience? SG is hardly a measuring stick for baseball coaches, and for BC to take a chance on him is surprising to me. What exactly is on his resume'? Summer ball?

I've met Wayne before and think he's a nice guy, I hope he does well with a talented program.

He will do just fine at BC. My son played for Coach Huff last year and he was one of the four kids on the team that played knothole.The talented kids are few and far between at SG and when a coach has to start and I mean has to start 7th and 8th graders in the field, its going to be tough to win in the district SG is in. We had 10 boys in high school that wanted to play last year so in order to have more kids on the team one has to bring up 7th and 8th graders. With the talented ball players at BC that I have seen during fall ball this past year, please dont worry about the "coaching" that Coach Huff can bring to this program.

I'm not slamming SG, I know the situation. I just want to know if he's coached summer ball, or coached anywhere other than SG. Maybe he could have his assistant from SG join him at Boone?

Justin Hollingsworth-Grant County

Isn't this the third year in a row for a new coach at Grant Co.? Is there a story behind the turnover in coaches there? Thought they were doing well the past few years?

Isn't this the third year in a row for a new coach at Grant Co.? Is there a story behind the turnover in coaches there? Thought they were doing well the past few years?

 

Last year's coach moved into administration and Grant has a policy against administrators being coaches.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.