Rabbit season is here!

oldrambler

Rabbit season is here! I just love the sound of beagles running a rabbit, that is sweet music! Anyojne going out? There are diffferent zones, some open up today (Nov. 1), others later. seasons are listed as follows from the KDFW.

Rabbit & Quail hunting

Nov. 10, 2008 - Feb. 10, 2009, in the following counties: Allen, Ballard, Butler, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Daviess, Fulton, Graves, Hancock, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Logan, Lyon, Marshall, McLean, McCracken, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Simpson, Todd, Trigg, Union, Warren and Webster.

Rabbits may be trapped Nov. 10, 2008 - Feb. 10, 2009 in these counties.

Nov. 1-7 and Nov. 10, 2008 - Jan. 31, 2009 in all other counties.

Rabbits may be trapped Nov. 10, 2008 - Jan. 31, 2009 in these counties.

For other info on Hunting seasons/regulations................

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/Navigation.asp?cid=151

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to rabbit hunt and have a dog but we just don't have any where to hunt any more around NKY all of the development that has been going on has took most of the huntin area. We have been lookin for a place to get out my dog is gettin a little rusty it's been a while. Nothin like the sound of beagles runnin a rabbit.

Rabbit season is here! I just love the sound of beagles running a rabbit, that is sweet music! Anyojne going out? There are diffferent zones, some open up today (Nov. 1), others later. seasons are listed as follows from the KDFW.

Rabbit & Quail hunting

Nov. 10, 2008 - Feb. 10, 2009, in the following counties: Allen, Ballard, Butler, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Daviess, Fulton, Graves, Hancock, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Logan, Lyon, Marshall, McLean, McCracken, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Simpson, Todd, Trigg, Union, Warren and Webster.

Rabbits may be trapped Nov. 10, 2008 - Feb. 10, 2009 in these counties.

Nov. 1-7 and Nov. 10, 2008 - Jan. 31, 2009 in all other counties.

Rabbits may be trapped Nov. 10, 2008 - Jan. 31, 2009 in these counties.

For other info on Hunting seasons/regulations................

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/Navigation.asp?cid=151

:thumb: Nice Post Oldrambler.

Every rabbit season brings back great memories of time spent hunting with my dad. If there is a rabbit season in Heaven (and I'm positive there is) I'm sure Pops got his limit today and the dogs ran well.

I will be going hunting later in the week!!! can't wait.:bunny:

:thumb: Nice Post Oldrambler.

Every rabbit season brings back great memories of time spent hunting with my dad. If there is a rabbit season in Heaven (and I'm positive there is) I'm sure Pops got his limit today and the dogs ran well.I will be going hunting later in the week!!! can't wait.:bunny:

As for the bolded, you can be assured that he did cville, probably had my Dad and ol' Cracker with him :cry:. I have spent a few very memorble rabbit hunts with you and you Dad......"boom, boom...Crap!!" :lol:

I love to rabbit hunt and have a dog but we just don't have any where to hunt any more around NKY all of the development that has been going on has took most of the huntin area. We have been lookin for a place to get out my dog is gettin a little rusty it's been a while. Nothin like the sound of beagles runnin a rabbit.

A place to hunt has been an ever growing problem with people around here as well Einstein, many landowners have now cleared off their land or sold out and what once were prime rabbit hunting properties are now sub divisions. I hope that you can get out and you are certainly right about the sound of a dog running ol' cottontail. Sweet music!

As for the bolded, you can be assured that he did cville, probably had my Dad and ol' Cracker with him :cry:. I have spent a few very memorble rabbit hunts with you and you Dad......"boom, boom...Crap!!" :lol:

:thumb:absolutely! I remember them well and hope I never forget.

I also had a had a few hunts with big John L.,Doc and Doc Sr.that brought great fun and fellowship. You had to be quick to get a shot off with those guys. Doc didn't miss many. Of course he was younger then and had much more hair.:lol:

Looking forward to it myself. Getting the gun ready to go. The young gun and myself will do all our hunting in Indiana again this year. We go with my Father in Law so he gets to spend tyhat special time with my son too. Noy only squirrel but also raccoon hunting starts up on Nov 10th in Indiana. So we will break out the old coon dogs as well as the beagles. i love this times of year cause it gives me time to spend time in the great outdoors with 2 people I love dearly(son and father in law).

:thumb:absolutely! I remember them well and hope I never forget.

I also had a had a few hunts with big John L.,Doc and Doc Sr.that brought great fun and fellowship. You had to be quick to get a shot off with those guys. Doc didn't miss many. Of course he was younger then and had much more hair.:lol:

:lol::lol::thumb: I remember a hunt with you, your Dad and one of his friends/neighbor . I raised the gun on a rabbit, shot and rolled it...he shot and claimed, I sure got that one!! Ol' Tom did that a lot. I never had the heart to tell him different.

A place to hunt has been an ever growing problem with people around here as well Einstein, many landowners have now cleared off their land or sold out and what once were prime rabbit hunting properties are now sub divisions. I hope that you can get out and you are certainly right about the sound of a dog running ol' cottontail. Sweet music!

I guess this is a problem every where and I don't see it slowin down any time soon.

:lol::lol::thumb: I remember a hunt with you, your Dad and one of his friends/neighbor . I raised the gun on a rabbit, shot and rolled it...he shot and claimed, I sure got that one!! Ol' Tom did that a lot. I never had the heart to tell him different.

:lol: That was Tom in his finest hour. As you sadi he did that a lot. I tried to break him of the habit. Here is the story.....

On one hunting trip I gave Tom a box of shells I had reloaded. I didn't put any shot in them (on purpose). After Tom missed about three rabbits I had to tell him about the shells.

Dad, Tom and myself had a good laugh but I got left at home on the next trip.:p

I guess this is a problem every where and I don't see it slowin down any time soon.

:thumb::thumb:

:lol: That was Tom in his finest hour. As you sadi he did that a lot. I tried to break him of the habit. Here is the story.....

On one hunting trip I gave Tom a box of shells I had reloaded. I didn't put any shot in them (on purpose). After Tom missed about three rabbits I had to tell him about the shells.

:laugh::laugh: Good story, I wasn't sure if you would remenber that morning when he claimed my rabbits, it happened more than once. :lol:

Now thats a good one.

Looking forward to it myself. Getting the gun ready to go. The young gun and myself will do all our hunting in Indiana again this year. We go with my Father in Law so he gets to spend tyhat special time with my son too. Noy only squirrel but also raccoon hunting starts up on Nov 10th in Indiana. So we will break out the old coon dogs as well as the beagles. i love this times of year cause it gives me time to spend time in the great outdoors with 2 people I love dearly(son and father in law).

:thumb: Great post Austydak, sharing the outdoors with family is a great thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been in years my dad and I used to go every weekend, same problem as a lot of other folks development took all the good spots. Dad is long since gone now 7 years this past Vetrans day. Haven't had much motavation since then but I plan to get back into it someday we always had a great time I'll never forget it.