Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP 2A Poll

Featured Replies

While browsing through the latest AP Poll this week I noticed that Reidland received 4 votes in the 2A poll, basically putting them 15th. No offense to Reidland’s program, but we all know they have struggled and their only win this year came against Muhlenberg North by 3 points. So why would they receive 4 votes? I honestly don’t mean this to be “dogging” Reidland, but more so the voters in the AP poll. Might these be Paducah area voters giving Reidland some love or others who simply don’t have a clue? :confused:

Shelby Valley has been ranked most of the yr and won this past week by 40 and are not ranked. In no means do I think they are a top 10 team but they are in the top 15.

While browsing through the latest AP Poll this week I noticed that Reidland received 4 votes in the 2A poll, basically putting them 15th. No offense to Reidland’s program, but we all know they have struggled and their only win this year came against Muhlenberg North by 3 points. So why would they receive 4 votes? I honestly don’t mean this to be “dogging” Reidland, but more so the voters in the AP poll. Might these be Paducah area voters giving Reidland some love or others who simply don’t have a clue? :confused:
Doubt it. This was discussed on one of the Paducah Sun's blogs a few weeks ago ...

 

Poll watching ... Reidland?

Doubt it. This was discussed on one of the Paducah Sun's blogs a few weeks ago ...

 

Poll watching ... Reidland?

More love for BGP:ylsuper::ylsuper:

I am convinced that pollsters get confused based on names. I have seen Knott Central ranked while Knox Central was successful. Russell County when Russell was successful. Could it be Reidland and Raceland are getting confused?

  • Author
I am convinced that pollsters get confused based on names. I have seen Knott Central ranked while Knox Central was successful. Russell County when Russell was successful. Could it be Reidland and Raceland are getting confused?

 

Could be, I would like to believe that most AP voters would do a little research before casting their vote, but you might be correct. Reidland and Raceland are right next to each other on an alphabetical list of Kentucky high schools with football programs so maybe four people selected the wrong school or were confused. Either way it does not inspire my confidence in the AP poll, not that I had any to begin with.

Could be, I would like to believe that most AP voters would do a little research before casting their vote, but you might be correct. Reidland and Raceland are right next to each other on an alphabetical list of Kentucky high schools with football programs so maybe four people selected the wrong school or were confused. Either way it does not inspire my confidence in the AP poll, not that I had any to begin with.
The Reidland-Raceland scenario has no merit ... the two schools are in different classes, so they don't appear on the same menu.
  • Author
The Reidland-Raceland scenario has no merit ... the two schools are in different classes, so they don't appear on the same menu.

 

Yes, I see that now. I couldn’t open the article link at work, too many internet restrictions. Either way I suppose I was a couple of weeks late on wondering why Reidland was getting votes. Good article.

Where can I find the AP Poll?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Shelby Valley has been ranked most of the yr and won this past week by 40 and are not ranked. In no means do I think they are a top 10 team but they are in the top 15.

 

I feel the same way about Bath Co. It must be the district that gets no respect. Prestonsburg was ranked 3rd till Beechwood put that huge loss on them and now they are 7th. Bath is 5-2, maybe with a Fairview win this will put them in the top 10.

As a poll voter who puts far more time and effort than I probably should into making sure I make informed selections, I'll honestly say I don't have a clue what some of the others are thinking.

 

Every week, I make a spreadsheet with every team ranked or getting votes in the AP Poll in each class and input records, where I voted them, Cantrall, Litkenhous, BGP rankings, their last game and next game among other things. I know that's probably a bit extreme, but I take my vote seriously and enjoy that kind of stuff anyway so it's no big deal. I don't expect everybody to go to the measures I do, but the results I see each week lead me to believe some voters aren't even trying.

 

Every week, there are a handful of things that just jump off the page at me. The fact that Reidland gets beat by 70 and goes from unranked to receiving votes makes no sense to me. For whatever reason, the 2A poll seems to have more weird stuff going on than others, as last week Morgan County (at that point 0-5 and dead last in both the Cantrall and Litkenhous) was getting votes.

Edited by KY Buckeye

  • Author
As a poll voter who puts far more time and effort than I probably should into making sure I make informed selections, I'll honestly say I don't have a clue what some of the others are thinking.

 

Every week, I make a spreadsheet with every team ranked or getting votes in the AP Poll in each class and input records, where I voted them, Cantrall, Litkenhous, BGP rankings, their last game and next game among other things. I know that's probably a bit extreme, but I take my vote seriously and enjoy that kind of stuff anyway so it's no big deal. I don't expect everybody to go to the measures I do, but the results I see each week lead me to believe some voters aren't even trying.

 

Every week, there are a handful of things that just jump off the page at me. The fact that Reidland gets beat by 70 and goes from unranked to receiving votes makes no sense to me. For whatever reason, the 2A poll seems to have more weird stuff going on than others, as last week Morgan County (at that point 0-5 and dead last in both the Cantrall and Litkenhous) was getting votes.

 

Thank you for the time and effort you put forth into compiling your votes. I only wish some of the other voters would do the same.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.